PC System Requirements
Video recognition requires intensive processing by your computer. The minimum requirements for a single IP camera at QVGA are:
- Windows 7, 8, 10, and Server 2012 and newer releases
- 2GHz Pentium 4 processor or higher
- 2GB RAM or higher
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
- At least 50GB of free disk space per camera is required
- An internet connection for software download, updates, and activation
Tips for running Sighthound Video on a PC
Make sure your computer power settings are set so that the computer does NOT automatically sleep after a certain period of time. It may be obvious when you think about it, but a computer which is off, or in sleep mode, cannot run software, including Sighthound Video.
To set your computer's power settings to never sleep:
- On Windows 7, select Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Change When Computer Sleeps. Select Never.
- On Vista, select Control Panel > Power Options. Click "Change plan settings" for the select power plan, and in the next screen click "Change advanced power settings." Click "Processor power management > Minimum processor state > Setting. Set this at 100%.
Automatic Windows updates can cause your PC to reboot. There is a control panel setting to disable this.
- On Windows 7, select Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update. On Turn automatic updating on or off, choose anything except install updates automatically.
- On Vista, select Control panel > Windows Update > Change settings. Select any option except "Install updates automatically."
If you have a system shared by multiple people and accounts, someone may have logged off the account with Sighthound Video. See Using Sighthound Video more securely on a shared computer.
For the moment, Sighthound Video does not support running as a service, although this is a feature we hope to include in the future. You can however make Sighthound one of your startup applications.