Sighthound Video 5.1.6 (r17335) - January 23, 2017
- Fullscreen camera viewing now only exits with Enter, Esc, and mouse clicks to prevent accidental dismissal
- Clips from all camera streams should operate correctly at 16x playback speed
- Fixed rare macOS UI crash from mouse input
- Fixed possible database lockup on systems with extreme amounts of activity across many cameras
- Fixed bug causing rules to occasional not load when activating a new license
- Numerous camera processing updates including improvements for unstable/resetting streams, multi-second pauses, and very high keyframe distances
Sighthound Video 5.1.5 (r17305) - November 15, 2017
- Fixed connection issues with certain Foscam model and firmware version combinations
Sighthound Video 5.1.4 (r17296) - November 13, 2017
- Fixed bug from 5.1.1 that could cause clips to be incorrectly marked as temporary
- Fixed bug from 5.1.3 causing failure in remote clip playback when quality set to "Original"
Sighthound Video 5.1.3 (r17288) - November 11, 2017
- Fixed a memory leak on macOS
Sighthound Video 5.1.2 (r17286) - November 8, 2017
- Fixed failure to start on some versions of OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan)
Sighthound Video 5.1.1 (r17282) - November 6, 2017
- Fixed frequent disconnects in Wansview and similar cameras
- Fixed connection failures for some high bitrate cameras
- Remote access streams for users with non-ASCII usernames now works correctly
- Improved performance for slow USB or network storage drives
- Faster cleanup of temporary data
- Improved grid view performance when some cameras fail to connect
Sighthound Video 5.1 (r17250) - October 13, 2017
- Double-click a camera in grid view to open in full-screen mode
- 16x playback mode for clips
- "Download" button for clips added to web remote viewer
- Email image attachments now have unique filenames
- Faster thumbnail loading and remote clip playback
- Better indicator when camera recording has stopped due to full disk
- Improved ONVIF implementation
- Push notification service updates
- Resolved connection and streaming issues with 4k and higher resolution cameras
- Fixed application launch failures due to a slow file system access
- Timestamp overlay now uses time/date format specified in settings
- Fixed issue with storage volumes over 4TB in size
- Prevent app from terminating camera connection when computer is under heavy load
- Fixed issues for cameras with incorrect timing information and built-in/USB cameras
Sighthound Video 5.0.5 (r17138) - August 25, 2017
- Fixed bug preventing some clips with audio streams from playing in the Android mobile app
- The desktop app now runs correctly if launched from a windows command prompt
Sighthound Video 5.0.4 (r17135) - August 10, 2017
- Fixed possible crash when setting 30fps playback for grid view
- Web remote access now renders properly when using 443 as the external port
Sighthound Video 5.0.3 (r17130) - July 28, 2017
- Fixed issue introduced in 5.0.2 that could cause flickering in the monitor view
Sighthound Video 5.0.2 (r17127) - July 27, 2017
- Fixed issues in grid view where some cameras would not properly update
- Improvements to app startup and shutdown behavior
- Maximum resolution setting for remote access clips was not always respected
- Fixed memory corruption issue in some rtsp streams
Sighthound Video 5.0.1 (r17108) - July 12, 2017
- Fixed bug that could cause a camera in grid view to freeze on a black frame or status message
- Additional blocks and warnings when attempting to run under an incompatible OS or architecture
Sighthound Video 5.0 (r17093) - July 5, 2017
- New grid view displays live streams in any order, layout, and framerate with quick keyboard navigation
- Sighthound Video is now a 64 bit application
- Adaptive quality control for live streams, dynamic resolution and bitrate based on connection speed
- Much faster connections for live streams
- Web access has improved dynamic layout, massive speed improvements, and expanded HTML 5 playback support
- Added support for recording most PCM audio streams
Upgrade Notes: A 64 bit OS is required, 5.0 will not run in 32 bit environments. The minimum macOS version is now 10.10 (Yosemite). If running macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) you must use 10.11.4 or newer. Because of the 64 bit switch you may need to reconfigure firewall rules.
Sighthound Video 4.0.4 (r16925) - June 8, 2017
- Fixed bug preventing automatic port opening on macOS
- Fixed bug causing responses to not always fire properly for certain region rules
- Fixed a number of errors that could occur on systems using non-ASCII characters
- Fixed an intermittent camera crash
- Correctly connect to a set of MJPEG cameras with broken multipart MIME implementations
- More graceful shutdown and recovery behavior when the OS drive is full
- Maintain connection to ONVIF cameras who cease responding to ONVIF commands
- Support RTSP connections where auth is required to be in the URL path rather than userinfo
Sighthound Video 4.0.3 (r16878) - March 3, 2017
- Increased compatibility with cameras using FLV as a format
- Certan rtsp MPEG4 streams could result in a crash
- Fixed incompatibility with OS X 10.8
Sighthound Video 4.0.2 (r16844) - February 8, 2017
- Updated person detection algorithms to greatly reduce false positives
- Improved launch time when a remote drive is used for video storage
- In some cases responses were occasionally triggering multiple times for the same event
- Fixed configuration errors if application was upgraded by a different user than the one who installed the application
- Fixed crash that could occur with certain RTSP streams
- Fixed handling of certain streams using H.264 over HTTP
- Fixed rare crash on macOS for some H.264 streams
- Fixed bug preventing auto-updates from succeeding on macOS 10.12 (Sierra). This (4.0.2) build will need to be manually downloaded and installed but future updates will work as expected.
Sighthound Video 4.0.1 (r16769) - January 9, 2017
- Added ‘original’ quality option for remote access
- Added timestamp overlay option for remote access live streams
- Automatically activate licenses purchased prior to installation
- Fixed several possible crashes
- Remote Access will now activate under new macOS installations
- UPnP and ONVIF cameras could improperly display a "no rules scheduled" message before connecting
- Properly select first clip when displaying results in reverse order
- Bounding boxes draw properly when exporting multiple clips at once
Sighthound Video 4.0 (r16721) - December 23, 2016
Sighthound Video 4 has been re-architected to significantly enhance performance when recording from H264 sources. In these cases the software uses on average 60% less CPU than version 3.0 even when recording full 30 frames per second frame rates.
For H264 IP cameras:
- Audio support for cameras that use the AAC codec.
- Significantly improved CPU performance when recording H264 streams.
- Reduced disk bandwidth and file storage size for most streams.
- Video is recorded at full frame rate, no longer limited to 10fps.
- Accelerated video player.
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of human detection engine.
- Expanded camera compatibility through updated ONVIF support.
- Support for reversing sort order of search results list.
- Controls for enabling timestamps and object boxes in remote access and clip export.
Sighthound Video 3.0.2 (r16019) - February 9, 2016
- Remote access would not start for some users.
- Fixed a memory leak in the disk cleanup process.
- Connection errors were occurring for cameras using h264 over http.
- Delete key on OS X was not triggering the delete clip dialog in Search View.
- Cameras with special characters in their name such as ‘&’ would not display properly in browser-based remote access.
- Improved browser-based remote access playback of live video streams.
- Video timestamps were sometimes displayed in 24 hour format regardless of user selection.
- Fixed a crash when loading certain damaged rules.
- Fixed a crash with certain webcams under OS X.
- Added a debugging tool to allow users to manually trigger the collection of detailed connection information to aid in troubleshooting incompatible video streams.
Sighthound Video 3.0.1 (r15986) - December 16, 2015
- Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling cameras on OS X 10.11.2.
Sighthound Video 3.0 (r15984) - December 16, 2015
- Improved computer vision algorithms.
- Https support for remote access.
- Run from service, without an active user (launch on system boot, continue running after user logoff).
- Major performance improvements to disk cleanup process.
- Configurable bit rate for remote access clips and live streams.
- Retina support for OS X.
- Starter Edition now allows saving video at VGA (previously QVGA).
- Countless bug fixes and performance improvements.
Sighthound Video 2.5.1 (r15102) - August 13, 2015
- App signature is now compatible with changes introduced in OS X 10.11.
- Improved compatibility for cameras sending MPEG4-ES over rtsp.
- Fixed crash when encountering unrecognized/unsupported video types in rtsp streams.
- Fixed crash that could occur during video decoding.
- Fixed crash that could occur on clip export.
Sighthound Video 2.5 (r15086) - July 22, 2015
- Rewritten video parsing library with improved compatibility, stability, and quality for RTSP connections.
- Improved compatibility with several webcams under OS X.
- Ability to select TCP as the transport for RTSP connections in the setup wizard.
- Increased size of rule selection list in the search view.
- Fixed bug preventing connections when utilizing a custom port for an ONVIF discovered camera.
- Fixed rare crash that could occur on OS X when email responses were triggered.
- Fixed broken appearance of folder browse dialogs under some versions of windows.
- Added pre-configured settings for Asgari PTG3, Foscam FI9804P, and Honeywell iPCAM-WI2HCV701
Sighthound Video 2.4.1 (r14991) - February 18, 2015
- The monitor view could freeze on the final frame rather than showing an appropriate status message when a video stream was interrupted.
- In remote access cameras could display an incorrect status message rather than live images after stream loss and reconnection.
- The "view your camera from your browser" link during configuration was incorrect for ONVIF cameras.
- Fixed rare issue that could cause background processes to freeze during shutdown.
- TRENDnet TV-VS1P
Sighthound Video 2.4 (r14964) - February 5, 2015
- ONVIF support for easy detection and configuration of compatible cameras.
- IFTTT (if this then that) integration. Enable the IFTTT response on your rules to trigger recipes at ifttt.com.
- Numerous compatibility improvements and bug fixes for local and USB cameras and capture devices.
- Fixed bugs causing a crash report prompt to display when no crash had occurred.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent file deletion from occurring quickly enough to maintain the disk quota on overloaded systems.
- Fixed several bugs that could prevent the application from exiting properly.
- Fixed crash that could occur when moving the video data directory.
- The application can now successfully recover data from many external file corruption scenarios such as failing RAM or disk drives.
- Fixed bug causing email attachments for rules or cameras with international characters to lose their file extension.
- AVTech AVM542B
- Axis M1025, M3024-LVE
- IPCAM Central IPCC-7207E, IPCC-9605E, IPCC-9610
- Lorex LNB2153
- Samsung SmartCam HD Pro (SNH-P6410BN)
- Sricam AP008
Sighthound Video 2.3.2 (r14715) - October 7, 2014
- Individual rules can be enabled and disabled in the browser-based remote access client.
- OSX crash reports and other errors can be optionally submitted on the following application launch.
- Fixed several compatibility issues with analog capture cards and webcams on OSX and Windows.
- The iOS app icon now properly updates to reflect number of unchecked push notifications.
- Certain UI controls could be drawn offscreen after resolution or display changes.
- Gatekeeper recognizes the application as signed under OSX 10.9.5.
- The disk cleanup process now uses CPU more sparingly when there is a backlog.
Sighthound Video 2.3.1 (r14659) - August 22, 2014
- Cameras with unicode names would not display correctly in the Monitor View.
- Fixed UI crash when changing licenses from a deactivated camera hyperlink.
- Canon VB-S905F
Sighthound Video 2.3 (r14652) - August 20, 2014
- Improved video playback quality in Monitor View and Search View.
- Live video window in Monitor View is resizeable.
- Additional email response options for image attachment resolution and rate limiting.
- Added date and time format settings.
- Native webcam resolutions now shown in Windows as in OSX.
- Reduced minimum app size for small displays.
- New Search View layout with more space for video.
- Daily timeline can now be hidden.
- Added menu shortcuts for playback speed selection.
- Removed all external dependencies on remote access web player.
- App signature compatible with upcoming OSX releases (10.9.5 and 10.10).
- Fixed a bug in version 2.2 that could cause legacy licenses to revert to Starter Edition.
- Fixed remote access issue for OSX 10.7 users.
- Fixed stuttering in certain browsers when viewing a live stream.
- When editing a webcam the currently configured resolution was sometimes not selected.
- Assorted smaller bugs squashed.
- ACTi E77
- Alibi ALI-IPU3013R
- Canon VB-H41, VB-H610VE, VB-H610D, VB-H710F, VB-M40, VB-M600D, VB-M600VE, VB-S30D, VB-S31D, VB-S800D, VB-S900F
Sighthound Video 2.2 (r14470) - June 24, 2014
Starter Edition Users: Remote access is now a paid feature (Basic and Pro only).
OSX Users: This update requires OSX 10.7 or higher.
All Users: Requires network activation by 9/1/2014. *Revised to 12/10/2014 in version 2.3*
- Starter Edition includes a free 14 day Pro trial after logging in with a Sighthound account.
- Improved license installation and management with Sighthound accounts.
- Clip playback window is now resizable.
- Multiple clip export.
- App position and size is remembered across launches.
- Improved support for concurrent remote access connections.
- Rewrote OSX webcam library, improving CPU utilization and adding support for new builtin camera models (Air mid 2013, Pro late 2013, iMac late 2013 and newer).
- Fixed bug causing tracking boxes to become stuck in some rare occasions.
- Fixed bug causing timestamps to instead display 'c' on some Windows machines.
- Properly truncate camera names in the monitor view.
- Added support for the builtin OSX firewall.
- Improved automatic recovery from process hangs or crashes.
- Android apps IP Webcam and Ocular
- Asgari 720U, EZPT, PTG2, and UIR
- Dericam M801W
- D-Link DCS-7010L
- IPS EO1312VW
- Neo CoolCAM NIP-06
- OpenEye CM-715
- Polaroid IP302
- Wirepath WPS-750-DOM-IP
- Zmodo ZP-IBH13-W and ZH-IXC15-WC
Sighthound Video 2.1 (r14089) - Feb. 14, 2014
- New push notification response for use with the Sighthound Video mobile viewing apps.
- Tracking boxes now display in remote access clip playback.
- Improved rule response handling when a large number of responses pending (especially ftp).
- Timestamps were not functioning for certain cameras under Windows.
- Axis M1004-W, M1013, M1014, M1033-W, M1034-W, and M1054
- Digitus DN-16053
- Grandstream GVX3615WP_HD
- Hikvision DS-2CD752MF-FB and DS-2CD793NFWD-E
- Insteon 75790
- Loftek Nexus 543
- MOBOTIX T25
- Samsung SNZ-5200
Sighthound Video 2.0.8 (r14008) - Jan. 13, 2014
- Timestamps - optionally add a timestamp overlay to recorded video.
- Updated and expanded documentation links.
- Fixed display issue with the FTP Status dialog.
- Live streaming would not work if the OS username contained certain characters.
- Live streaming encountered trouble after camera disconnects.
- Auto-detection information added for D-Link DCS-930L and DCS-942L, and Grandstream GXV3611_HD
- TRENDnet TV-IP302PI
Sighthound Video 2.0.7 (r13977) - Dec. 19, 2013
- Fixed rule editor crash in the Starter Edition.
Sighthound Video 2.0.6 (r13974) - Dec. 18, 2013
- Local export response for rules. Automatically export clips matching a rule to a local folder, external drive, dropbox, wherever you want!
- Added continuous playback mode to the search view.
- Seeking in videos is now lightning fast.
- Android devices which don't support HLS video streaming will now fall back to a motion jpeg stream.
- Camera/Rule selection on remote access now includes camera thumbnails and rule icons.
Bug fixes - Desktop application
- Fixed bug when exporting short clips (approximately less than 15 frames).
- Improved performance and stability when multiple users interact with the application at once (via local and remote, or multiple remotes).
Bug fixes - Remote access
- Camera/Rule selection in clips view now scrolls properly on all mobile browsers.
- Fixed camera grid overview in mobile browsers when viewing cameras with mixed aspect ratios.
- ACTi D32
- AvertX models
- D-Link DCS-932L and DCS-942L
- EyeSpy247 UCam247
- Foscam FI8620W
- Huacam HCV701
- Instar IN-2904, IN-2907, IN-3011, IN-4009, IN-4010, IN-4011, IN-5907 HD, IN-6011 HD, IN-6012 HD, and IN-7011 HD
- Tenvis JPT3815W
- Wansview NCB541W and NCM621W
Sighthound Video 2.0.5 (r13900) - Nov. 21, 2013
Bug fixes - Desktop client
- Fixed potential crash when running automatic port opening on some versions of OSX.
Bug fixes - Remote access
- Remember rule selection when changing cameras in mobile view.
- Fixed issue in mobile causing extra data transmission when viewing clips.
Sighthound Video 2.0.4 (r13894) - Nov. 20, 2013
- Clip and/or time selection is now maintained across search refreshes, camera changes, and date changes.
- Added ability to force tcp connections for rtsp streams suffering from UDP packet loss. You can trigger this by appending ?svforcetcp to your stream path.
- Improved user bug submission to better support remote access errors.
Bug fixes - Desktop client
- Fixed bug preventing the "Settings" button in the Rule Editor's save response block from opening.
- Both the remote access server and port opener were overly-aggressive in some cases and have been pacified.
- Fixed bug causing remote access status to sometimes not update after settings changes.
- Fixed build issue that could cause the OSX app signature to report as invalid.
- Fixed issue preventing some cameras from connecting.
Bug fixes - Remote access
- Fixed bug causing remote access to not function on OSX 10.7 and earlier.
- Fixed bug causing some cameras to stream with incorrect aspect ratios.
- Index/grid overview page would sometimes stop updating.
- Some mobile browsers would repeat clips rather than playing the new selection.
- In some cases search result loading could block page interaction indefinitely.
- Fixed layout issues in Internet Explorer.
- Empire Security ESC-IPC-1
- Foscam FI8916W
- SURIP SI-E534, SI-E536V2, SI-E537, SI-E538, SI-E553R, SI-E555R, SI-F1034, SI-F1037, SI-F1038, SI-F1053R, SI-F1055R, SI-L934, SI-L936V2, SI-L937, SI-L938, SI-L953R, and SI-L955R
- TRENDnet TV-IP572P, TV-IP572PI, TV-IP572W, TV-IP572WI, TV-IP672P, TV-IP672PI, TV-IP672W, and TV-IP672WI
Sighthound Video 2.0.3 (r13832) - Oct 31, 2013
- Greatly improved CPU usage in the Search View.
- Added connection code to support accessing the Toshiba IK-WB01A and others.
- Added support for automatic port opening on number of new routers.
- Display local, internal, and external links when available with remote access settings.
- Added refresh button to remote UI.
Bug fixes - Desktop client
- Fixed crash that could occur when exporting clips.
- Fixed bug that could allow server logs to grow larger than intended.
- New remote access server for Windows which fixes a number of bugs including authentication and connection issues.
Bug fixes - Remote access
- Live streams now load on inital request.
- Remote access now works properly with unicode camera names.
- Fixed overlay blocking iOS live streams.
- Prevented page refresh when toggling cameras.
- Ayrstone AyrScout
- Brickcom WOB-100Ap and WOB-130Np
- HooToo HT-IP206
- GeoVision GV-BL1210
- Grandstream GXV3611_HD and GXV3651_FHD
- EYEsurv ESIP-MP1.3-BT1
- Foscam FI8905W, FI8906W, FI9801W, FI9802W, FI9818W, FI9820W, and FI9821W
- Toshiba IK-WB11A
- ZyXEL IPC-3605N
Sighthound Video 2.0 Beta 3 (r13739) - Oct 17, 2013
- Option to automatically establish router forwarding for remote access where supported.
- Visual improvements for Retina displays.
Bug fixes - Desktop client
- Fixed a bug that could cause the beginning or end of some streams not to be marked for saving.
Bug fixes - Remote access
- Streaming now uses less CPU and works with all cameras, including USB devices.
- Rules list under the live stream now links to appropriate clips view filter.
- Fixed Windows bug where switching between clips may not work.
- Fixed bug where clips view omitted some items.
- Date and time now display correctly in firefox.
- Camera and rule list now scroll correctly in on mobile devices.
- Menu now operates correctly on iOS.
- And many more!
Sighthound Video 2.0 Beta 2 (r13656) - Sept 28, 2013
- Turn cameras on/off from the mobile live view.
- Beta now includes a trial Pro Edition license.
- Improved clip view compatibility with Firefox.
- Fixes for live streaming from mobile browsers.
- Fixed some processes not being properly stopped.
- Misc. bug fixes.
Sighthound Video 2.0 Beta 1 (r13641) - Sept 26, 2013
First beta release
- Early preview of remote access functionality
- Video files are now encoded as h264 rather than mpeg4
- More supported storage resolutions, as well as "match source"
- Temporary/cache video duration can be set as low as 1 hour
- Many more small features and under the hood tweaks
- Many assorted bug fixes