This article covers the following topics:
- Enabling Remote Access
- How to access using other devices in my network
- How to access using devices outside of the network
- How to adjust the live stream and clip stream quality
This feature is for Basic and Pro Editions only
1) Open Sighthound Video
2) Select "Sighthound Video > Preferences" on Mac, "Tools > Options" on Windows
3) Click the "Remote Access" tab
4) Check the "enable remote access" box, add a user name and password, select a port and click “apply”
5) Once the list of addresses populate, click on the "local address" url to test from your machine.
6) Enter the username and password that you entered in step 4.
7) Click OK and you should have access to Sighthound Video.
Now that remote access is enabled you can connect using web browsers on your computer or mobile devices, or with our free mobile app for iOS and Android. Details on how to connect using web browsers and the mobile app can be found in the following support articles:
Note: You will need to have Adobe Flash Player installed to view. Click here to check if you have the latest version running. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome as users have reported issues with Safari and Internet Explorer while connecting to Sighthound Video.
To connect using another device in the same network, find the "Internal address" url from the remote access window and enter that url in the browser of the device you wish to connect with.
Select the "Open this port in my router" box and click "apply".
Once the port is successfully opened, the external address will display and can be used to access Sighthound Video from outside of the network.
If "Unable to automatically verify" is displayed instead of an address then sighthound video was not able to open the port, though this does not mean that the web server is not working. If Sighthound Video is unable to open a port your router may not support UPnP or NAT-PMP or they might be disabled by default. If UPnP or NAT-PMP cannot be enabled you will need to manually configure your router to open a port. Steps will vary depending on your router. For more detailed instructions, you can search for web sites such as portforward.com. If you manually configure port forwarding, Sighthound will be unable to display your external address and the status will remain "Unable to automatically verify" Visit http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to retrieve your public IP and test that your port forwarding is correctly configured. Another method to test port forwarding is to enter: http://<public ip>:<opened port>into the browser of a device outside of your local network.
If you are having trouble loading video, or it is loading slowly, you may want to adjust the bit rate of your streams.
1. Click the Advanced button
2. Click the drop list for each stream you wish to alter
Note: Original will preserve the original bitrate of your video.
3. Click OK