Close

IFTTT - Rule Activation\Deactivation

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
johnnyknox

IFTTT - Rule Activation\Deactivation

by johnnyknox » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:38 am

I saw a post that was from 2014 about this and Sighthound said that the functionality was not available but was being looked into...4.years.ago.

Come on please, it's time to implement this.

I really want to have my camera rules activate based on my phones location or by an IOS widget button.

Having to open the app and then go to each camera to activate\deactivate a rule is monotonous.

There was something mentioned about "security concerns" allowing external sources to activate\deactivate sighthound rules but surely these have been worked out now...?

Please, please, please sort this out before I move to another (more current) product.

Kbond

Re: IFTTT - Rule Activation\Deactivation

by Kbond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback on our product. As of right now, this feature has not been developed. We are currently working on a version 6.0 which will include a few new features. I will try to push engineerings focus looking into this after the release of the newer version since engineering is tied down getting that ready for its release. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeline as to if/when this will be implemented. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you might have encountered with not having this feature.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
johnnyknox

Re: IFTTT - Rule Activation\Deactivation

by johnnyknox » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks for your response, it's appreciated.

Fingers crossed this doesn't take too much longer then.

We're in a world of smart homes now, where security cameras can turn on my interior lights or even set thermostats to a certain temperature via IFTTT.

Sighthound know that folks are scripting their own solutions to enable the functionality I mentioned above, so the demand is there.

Please make it part of the Sighthound solution and not a hack.

Return to Technical Support