Close

Temporarily disable notifications

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
tcesario

Temporarily disable notifications

by tcesario » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:40 am

The Ring Doorbell iOS app recently included a clever feature where A 3D Touch on a ring notification brings up a quick way to temporarily disable notifications. You guys should definitely copy this.

Tony

6215A352-4C8C-4C94-A625-8048CE1EDF70.jpeg
6215A352-4C8C-4C94-A625-8048CE1EDF70.jpeg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 497 times

fido.dogstoevsky

Re: Temporarily disable notifications

by fido.dogstoevsky » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:25 am

+1. Agreed - I would also like to see this -- perhaps still record the video, but disable the alerts for some period. Currently after "turn off all cameras" action you have to remember to turn them on again.
In addition, some sort of 'batching' of the notifications would be good. If you have already sent me a notification I don't need another 5-10 in the next 5 minutes. So some sort of throttling to say only send a new notification every 5 mins or whatever period.
+ I want to set a different alert sound on Android so the Sighthound notifications don't sound like SMS messages or other alerts.
On the internet nobody knows what's an Echidna

no avatar
sighthoundian

by sighthoundian » Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 pm

+1
Yes I would also like this feature. Why? because when i'm sitting outside where the camera points to the notifications go off every few seconds. Very annoying and I have to turn off notifications on Sighthound. The very least you could do is what has been mentioned already, that we can have a setting to set notifications once every x minutes. This should be easy to do as you already have it setup for the email alerts so just add it to the mobile notifications. Thanks.
Cheers!
ian

no avatar
jasoncheesemanuk

by jasoncheesemanuk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:42 pm

+1 great idea. I have a cleaner come on random days and when he arrives - he's in/out for about 10 minutes and then the same when he leaves in/out for another 10 minutes. It would be great to mute the notifications over that period.

Solutions where you have to manually turn off cameras or notifications are fraught with danger as they user will properly forget to turn them back on again and that's the day you get burgled.

no avatar
jmwhooper

by jmwhooper » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:25 am

+1 my kids play on the driveway where one camera is and I get alerts every few seconds when they're out there, would be good to snooze them for a period of time so I don't have to manually do it.

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 am

+1, for all the reasons above.

Still record video but be able to pause alerts, email and Push, for say 15min ,30min and 1 hour. every time I wash the car I have to turn off alerts and sometimes forget to turn on again, very annoying.

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you for bringing this feature request to our attention. We are looking for ways to improve the mobile application to make sure user experience enjoyable. We appreciate all of the positive feedback. I will pass this message forward to our engineering team to see if they will consider implementing something like this to the mobile app. We do appreciate your patience and cooperation; we are excited about the updates we are making to Sighthound Video and look forward to releasing them to you in the future.

Regards,

Kenneth

Return to Feature Requests