Close

Remote Recording + 3G Modem Router

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
hbhb

Remote Recording + 3G Modem Router

by hbhb » Tue May 20, 2014 4:43 am

Hi,

Am new here.

I am wanting to setup a remote recording using IP Camera into a 3G Modem Router so I can view recording if any human presence are recorded.

The property is a public infrastructure and the only source of electricity is from the DB for lighting which I have modified after getting approval from the mayor, and inside has a timer that starts from 7PM to 6AM.

The objective of this surveillance is to monitor for vandalism for a property that I have build & deliver to the council. It was recently vandalized and I am wondering how I can get that to work with Sighthound?

ryan

Re: Remote Recording + 3G Modem Router

by ryan » Tue May 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi,

Sighthound Video can record from any video stream that it can access. If your camera is on a different network, you would need to ensure that your router and firewall are have an open port forwarding traffic to the external network and not blocking traffic. Once you have confirmed that your camera is accessible remotely, you would simply configure the camera as normal in Sighthound Video.

Best,
- ryan
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
imaran786

Re: Remote Recording + 3G Modem Router

by imaran786 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 am

User has been banned

Return to General Discussion