Close

Best way to view Vitamin D on Television (TV)

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
TangoWhiskey

Best way to view Vitamin D on Television (TV)

by TangoWhiskey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 pm

I have been very pleased with my Vitamin D trial, using one Foscam camera, and have just picked up two more cameras and will be upgrading to the unlimited camera edition. I feed these into Vitamin D running on a server-class system in my server closet in my upstairs office. Normally I watch and review video when needed by logging into the server via RDP.

I'd ALSO like to be able to see the cameras (via the Vitamin D multi-camera Monitor View) on my big LED HDTV downstairs. This is a Samsung UN55D8000YFXZA 55" 3D LED HDTV, in case that matters, and a Windows server. I could, of course, by a video card with HDMI-out and move the server downstairs. That's probably the easiest option; buy a wireless keyboard with integrated touchpad, or some other "Media PC keyboard", and I'd be all set.

Any other ideas I should entertain? Am I missing something simpler? Anybody else here watching things on their main TV? What's your setup?

Thanks,
Troy

ryan

Re: Best way to view Vitamin D on Television (TV)

by ryan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Troy,

If I'm reading correctly, you already have a windows server hooked up to your TV? In that case you could easily use Window's Remote Desktop functionality to connect to and view your VDV machine, or you could use other screen sharing software, such as VNC.

no avatar
imaran786

by imaran786 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 am

User has been banned

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

HEY! imaran786... your SPAM sure does "GRATE" on those of us that come to this "Great" site for SightHound information and not your stupidity. GO AWAY! GET A LIFE! Learn more gooder English!
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
Kyani

by Kyani » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:00 pm

user has been banned

Return to General Discussion