Close

What's the best way for me to pre-buy this software for ppl?

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
saintjohnny

What's the best way for me to pre-buy this software for ppl?

by saintjohnny » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:26 pm

I know I'm not allowed to actually sell this software but what I mean is what if I want to pre-purchase this software to get a license file so that my customer does not need to break out their credit care more than once after I finish installing their cameras and setting them up? Basically I just want to reclaim the 49 or 199 dollars I've paid for the software to get them going, and then give them the license file and forward them the email I received. I have not started this business yet but there will be instances where I give them a new stand alone computer with this software pre-installed, or they will want to use their existing computer to save a few bucks so I would install the VDV that I've purchased onto their computer.

If this is not legal or I'm supposed to do this a different way please let me know. I gave the "Vitamin D SW License Agreement" file a quick read but I don't think it directly covers instances where I'm just wanting to get the software pre installed on a system for someone and then reclaim my money. I"m not reclaiming it for more than I purchased it for.

If they are required to buy the software themselves, I could just walk them through the purchasing process while they use their own credit card, I jut want to make sure I don't break any of the rules for this software. Thanks!

ryan

Re: What's the best way for me to pre-buy this software for

by ryan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 am

Hi saintjohnny,

I sent you a private message, please let me know if you have any trouble receiving it.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Return to General Discussion