Close

pricing???

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
cino72

pricing???

by cino72 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:40 pm

If you want to appeal to the consumer market the pricing strategy is way off and for the enterprise market most will go with ocularis or some other high end super costly software. most consumers now have 4-8 cameras anything less than that and they probably use the software that came with the cameras. I am not trying to tell you how to run your business or even change your business model. it just seems you are looking to provide a consumer solution but you have it priced out of the consumer market. just my 2 cents which is not worth 2 cents.

For me i absolutely love the software am i going to pay 200 bucks to run my 8 cameras? nope I will find a cheaper solution or use the software i received with cameras. I will always check every now and then to see if the pricing has been changed.

here is another 2 cent opinion.
ever done a search for vitamind your web page is the last on many pages just due to the naming. i have mentioned the software to many and i either have to tell them what to search for or give them the actual address i would have to guess you have lost a million dollar in sales just because its difficult to locate you.

why not throw a special for maybe 2-6 months where you offer 6-10 camera version for the price of 2 just to see if you draw in the consumer market. if it works great if not just roll with what you got.

I will keep checking you do nice work

no avatar
imaran786

Re: pricing???

by imaran786 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 am

User has been banned

Return to General Discussion