Close

Apexis APM-J0233-W (Foscam) and Agasio Camera Compatability

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
RonL

Apexis APM-J0233-W (Foscam) and Agasio Camera Compatability

by RonL » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 am

I am new to IP Network Cameras and security software solutions.

I just bought a Apexis APM-J011-WS PTZ indoor camera and 3 Apexis APM-J023-W Outdoor Wireless Cameras (Foscam) http://apexis-us.com. All are Network/IP Cams configured wireless with port forwarding. While somewhat pleased with the video quality, I have decided to upgrade to the new private label Agasio A602W Outdoor Wireless IP Cameras (3) with IR-Cut Filter and one Agasio A522W Pan/Tilt H.264 IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter all from the same company that I ordered from originally. Even the Agasio http://agasio.com/wireless-ip-cameras-1.html is a knock off of the Foscam but to higher quality specs. I really like the idea of HD Video Quality but prefer to stay under $200 per outdoor camera. Right now, I am unable to view motion detected video clips. I use a iPhone4 and iPad(1) for most of my routine viewing. My questions are as follows:

Presuming that vitamin d will support these devices ... (I'm pretty sure it does).
[list]

1) Will I be able to view recorded motion detected video clips sent via email and save the same recorded video clips offsite to FTP from motion detection. Right now all I can do is auto send motion detected .jpg images via email or FTP (which is quite useless).
2) I can initially set up the cameras with a Windows 7 Notebook, BUT i will be using a iMac 27" Mac OS X 10.6.8 Desktop to install, view and tweak vitamin d. BlueIris is out for me because it is not Mac compatible, iPhone or iPad compatible.
3) I'd really like a set it and forget it security program for my 3 outdoor cameras (yes I will probably add more soon). Instant email motion detection notification and offsite FTP backup are equally important.
4) If I could get ALL these things to work from a Verizon MiFi4510L while traveling down the road or camping onsite in our 40' MotorHome while in AnyCity, USA, I would be estactic but I realize that may not be realistic at this time. While home based I am Internet Connected with a Brighthouse/RoadRunner 10MB DL Cable Modem and an Apple Airport Extreme Router.
[list]

I am always open to creative ideas and solutions so feel free to jump in with your input. Thanks much for reading and I look forward to your replies.

no avatar
RonL

Re: Apexis APM-J0233-W (Foscam) and Agasio Camera Compatabi

by RonL » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:15 am

Darn, I forgot to list my email address as I do not visit this forum daily. So for those who are kind enough to reply, feel free to cc ronlarsh1@gmail.com. Thanks very much.

Return to General Discussion