Close

250 Alerts in 9 hours all caused by a spiderweb strand

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
SteveV

250 Alerts in 9 hours all caused by a spiderweb strand

by SteveV » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am

From 9:30 PM yesterday to 6:10 AM today, SightHound had 250 false "People" detections all caused by a strand of spider web moving in the breeze in front of my video doorbell. The images included in the email show the areas SH thinks it detected a person. Some of the images are pretty laughable and has me wondering just how crude the image analysis is because frankly anyone would be hard pressed to identify these as anything even closely resembling a human form.

Unfortunately, this isn't an uncommon occurrence; night time "people" detection is awful and has me second guessing my SH purchase.

@Support: any plans on fixing this any time soon?

CV SECURE

Re: 250 Alerts in 9 hours all caused by a spiderweb strand

by CV SECURE » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:33 pm

the software can only see good as the camera , so you might get a better night vision camera or do camera adjustments, you would need to upload the video or its going to be a million question guessing game, is it really the web or the light flickering from the video, cant tell you post no video with boundary box on whats being detected.
spider web pretty small to detect are you sure are you zooming way in?
or have a glass front door the light is mirroring light off of it,
or reflecting motion off of the glass door.

you would need to make 2 separate rules
go to rule editor second one down (look for)ignore object smaller then 30 pixel
third icon down(that are) i think you can set to enter or leaving scene.

there is no software problem its doing its job on detection moment, you need to find out how to ignore the movement and some times that maybe a little hard to do, click link> topic13374

no avatar
Yamara

by Yamara » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 pm

It's so hard to know what the reason is. You can turn outstaffing company Techstack . I think they can help you figure it out. I am saved by the fact that there is someone to turn to for help and I do not need to spend a lot of time looking for a solution to problems. Either way, it's your decision, but I still recommend you do it. I hope your matter will be resolved. Good luck!

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:40 am

How much do you get paid to post SPAM?
Semper Vaporo,

Return to Technical Support