Close

Rule Pan Scan

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

CV SECURE

Rule Pan Scan

by CV SECURE » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:02 pm

i like to see whats going on around me.
i set 4 presets
1 front 2 right 3 back 4 left
preset front/left/right are my main concern
the back im not concern so much.
preset FRONT is set to stay there for 15 minutes then it moves to preset RIGHT is set to stay there for 15 minutes
then it moves to preset BACK is set to stay there for 10 minutes
then it moves to preset LEFT is set to stay there for 15 minutes
once done it loops and repeats, a option do you want to loop all day or loop 4 hours then pause 1 hour then loop again,
all presets have a rule and a normal camera, using 1 camera instead of 4.
you can make it to what ever you want, lets say i dont want the preset BACK.
the i can make it pan and scan the front of my place back and forth,
left,middle,right,middle,left loop 8 hours,

al so would be nice to have if preset 001 see no movement action that triggers a rule in 5 minutes move to preset 002 ect ect

my vms software lets me set presets and all so use them as a tour is what its called in this app,
problem is the software will only allow you to set the time to the presets but they ALL have to have the same time.

i would not sit the ptz camera with short time like every 10 seconds all day, it may wear out the motor/gears/belt

no avatar
mr.Magoo

Re: Rule Pan Scan

by mr.Magoo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:01 am

Personally I think it'll be a while before we see this type of functionality in SH as it would require a semi decent rule engine with a configurable logic...

If you like to tinker I would recommend looking into Node-Red, it's very powerful yet it can run on a $5 Raspberry PI Zero.

Depending on your cameras abilities for external control (there is onvif components for node red) you can then set it up to do exactly what you want / describe below. You can even enable / disable rules in SH depending on your cameras position at that point.

CV SECURE

Re: Rule Pan Scan

by CV SECURE » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:24 pm

if i could get this to work i could probably do it my self using keyboard macro script
topic13261
"Run Command" not working"
i have not seen anyone here saying it works
https://www.sighthound.com/support/rule-editor#command

Return to Feature Requests