Close

Rule Editor Thief

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

CV SECURE

Rule Editor Thief

by CV SECURE » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Rule Editor Thief on Non Moving objects.
if a NON Moving object is not in the scene anymore
it will set off the Alarm Trigger that the object is not there anymore.
meaning if My car was there and now its gone it got stolen.
click image below.
Rule EditorThief.jpg

image below the car is Gone, now set Alarm to Trigger alert
Rule EditorThief car Gone.jpg

Kbond

Re: Rule Editor Thief

by Kbond » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Hello,

The image that you are seeing in the rule editor is just one of the first images that Sighthound Video has collected. It doesn't reflect anything about what that camera is seeing currently and will not affect future detections. We use it as a base that you can use to determine how you would like the rule set up.

Does that make sense? Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

-Kevin

CV SECURE

by CV SECURE » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:47 pm

yes i understand but sitehound video has motion detection on moving objects
so why cant it have detection on a object that are non moving object that will be moving objects, i know the rule is just a image but it will still look the same in the video.
out line the car now inside the box the most percentage of the car color is red
if the app detection see distracted change in color inside the boundary box set the trigger to alarm,
that means the car is moving out side the boundary out line box from the video,
if the trigger alarm goes off then a good chance your car was stolen, this is a alert you want,
if some one walks by the car and sets off motion the alarm is a beep , that means hes just walking by,
if the beep goes off when hes by the car then the car is gone then the alert is a loud siren,
1 motion detection will never be 100% accurate but having 2 detection could help better,
i live in a rv park there is a lot of people out all of the time and at night time i dont want to check the video because i hear a beep every time, but if i hear a beep from a motion to a loud siren alert you can bet some one stole the car,
thats why i requested Rule Editor Thief/stolen

i think you can do this in sitehound video but you have to do a few extra steps,
called entering or leaving, problem with that it focus on more then 1 object and will set off false triggers when it needs to focus on 1 object=the red car.
the app needs to know 2 things it needs to know whats inside the boundary box
and it needs to know its listed as a NON Moving object, if you dont and a ball or object gets thrown threw the boundary box it will trigger it which you dont want,
another example, i have a $5000 picture hanging in my store, you can walk in front of it looking at it with no trigger alert but if you take the picture and its gone now you have a trigger alert.
another example,i have cloth out side drying and once a month some one allways take my towels,
the cloth will be listed as a NON Moving object if there inside the boundary box even if they move when blowing in the wind.

click image below this is kind of a idea.
3zones.png

this is a security app for camera's
wouldn't you like to know the chances of some thing being stole from you right then and there with out having to go threw the videos be more security, i hear a loud siren good chance im going to catch the person VS watching the video later to find out the car got stole by a masked man that cant be recognized by the police.
the next thing you know you dont have a car now your riding the Bus to work
when you could of let your dogs out right then and there to run the thief off
before he took your car.

what would you rather do?
call all your buddies up telling them hey i got this cool video security app
come over and watch it i got the guy on video steeling my car, they couldn't recognize the guy because of the mask and now i dont have a car.
OR
call all your buddies up telling them hey i got this cool video security app
come over and watch it i got the guy on video trying to take my car now watch what the dogs do to him :lol:
i was just using the dogs as a example, if the car is moving and triggered hes probably inside the car away from the dogs but you could call the police right way,
but if he was trying to take a bike or a object i think the dogs would get the best of him

who knows maybe one of these days you could put a motion sensor in the car and have sitehound video monitor it for motion

Kbond

by Kbond » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:58 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand where you are getting at. This would need a complete backend re-code since the Sighthound Video actually uses other methods to detect objects that wouldn't work with this. However, if the car moves even after being parked for hours, Sighthound Video will immediately detect that motion. What you can do is have your rules looking for a vehicle and have it in a bounding box that if it ever leaves you get an alert. That would be the closest to what you are looking for.

Another reason why this wouldn't work is because of the work it would have to do to detect and classify objects every frame. Sighthound Video only detects and classifies objects when there is movement. So when there is no movement CPU load is a lot lower. Doing something like this would really overload the CPU.

Finally, as you said, you will need to detect these people far earlier than when the car is leaving. What you can do for that, is to detect people when they are in proximity to your car. You can put a bounding box around the driver's side of the car looking for people. If a person gets detected, that means they are near that door and it should be investigated (dogs let out) anyway.

Does that make sense? You should be able to manipulate the rules in a fashion where you can detect certain movements with certain objects at all times. If you want some help with that, we are always here to lend a hand with anything. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this, thank you!

-Kevin

CV SECURE

by CV SECURE » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:47 am

I See what you saying and i was trying to make a 1 step rule to make it simple for the rule editor,

you said>Sighthound Video only detects and classifies objects when there is movement.)
for some thing to be stolen you would need 2 movement,
one of the person
the other would be the object being stole, it would be 2 objects sharing the same space
detecting movement from 2 different objects that are near each other,
would that work since it detects movement, example if 2 objects boundary box crosses over each other and both are moving sharing the same space set trigger.
if 2 objects boundary box DONT crosses over each other but are moving at the same time do not trigger thief rule.
in other words when some thing is being stole they both move at the same time and share the same space

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Try:

"Entering scene" through a door.
"Leaving scene" through a door.
"Entering or leaving scene" through a door.

In reality, the "car" Leaving the scene is the same as the "driveway (under the car)" [u]Entering[u/] the scene!

Is the change in the scene due to the car leaving and exposing the driveway under it, or something that looks like a driveway covering the car?
Semper Vaporo,

CV SECURE

by CV SECURE » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:17 am

what if the car doesn't move and isn't stole ?
if some one walked in front of the car that would trigger rule entering the scene,
if some one walked in front of the car and stopped for a while then walked/moved away
that would trigger rule Leaving the scene.
See image below you would need to set the rule name looking for people and a rule name for the vehicle,because if you dont a person and a dog walking together could set off the trigger because they share the same space
SHARE-SAME-SPACE.png

the app will only trigger if 2 items share the same space, that will give you less false alerts,
all so i put a distance of 5 ft to trigger a alert if they share the same space
the reason why is to tell the app hes just not walking by the car, there both moving together like he maybe steeling it.
the app would not have to detect every frame this way because your only detecting movement.

this rule you might want to set up at night time, if not and you get in your car to go some where your going to trigger it.

if you have a high dollar painting hanging on your wall and you want to protect it, then you could run this rule all of the time.

your default name needs to be set to (people)
because i dont think (animals) could take a car :lol:

Return to Feature Requests