Close

Sighthound 6.1.1 - Unknown Objects

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Wilksj01

Sighthound 6.1.1 - Unknown Objects

by Wilksj01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:39 am

Hello,

Since upgrading to Sighthound 6 (beta then 6.1.1) all my motion detection recordings have been marked as unknown. In Sighthound 6 categorisation used to work fine but for some reason since the upgrade it doesn’t.

Has anyone had this and if so any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

no avatar
jpm

Re: Sighthound 6.1.1 - Unknown Objects

by jpm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am

Your CPU must support the SSE4.1 instruction set.

They changed something in v6, such that the back-end "engine" that recognizes people requires this.

My CPU supports it, and there was even a BIOS update specifically for my machine that mentioned SSE - and in my case people detection works, for awhile, then seems to stop working. Restarting the machine fixes it. Unfortunately Sighthound support seemed to think my case was an isolated issue and basically told me they weren't interested in debugging further.

no avatar
Wilksj01

Re: Sighthound 6.1.1 - Unknown Objects

by Wilksj01 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am

jpm wrote:Your CPU must support the SSE4.1 instruction set.

They changed something in v6, such that the back-end "engine" that recognizes people requires this.

My CPU supports it, and there was even a BIOS update specifically for my machine that mentioned SSE - and in my case people detection works, for awhile, then seems to stop working. Restarting the machine fixes it. Unfortunately Sighthound support seemed to think my case was an isolated issue and basically told me they weren't interested in debugging further.

Thanks for the quick reply. You were spot on, I was running Sighthound in a VM, as soon as I changed the CPU to host the detection types started working again.

Return to Technical Support