Close

"Could not connect" Sighthound suddenly lost all cameras

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Max&Leo

"Could not connect" Sighthound suddenly lost all cameras

by Max&Leo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:32 am

UPDATE: The source of the problem was on my end.  Unbeknownst to me, someone else in my house unplugged the Ethernet cord from the router and plugged it directly into the modem.  As a result, my computer could access the internet, but not the local network.  This explains why Sighthound showed dropped connections, yet my cameras were still accessible using the Amcrest app.
I'm sorry for the trouble.  

Original post:

Without explanation, Sighthound dropped its connection to all 7 of my cameras several days ago. All Amcrest cameras. Some WiFi. Some POE. I've had these cameras working successfully for over 3 years.

I can connect to all the cameras just fine using the Amcrest app. When I go the to setup screen in Sighthound, no cameras are listed.

Mac OS: 10.14.6
Sighthound: 5.1.7
Last edited by Max&Leo on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kbond

Re: "Could not connect" Sighthound suddenly lost all cameras

by Kbond » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:34 am

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that all of your cameras have been lost. I'm sure the configurations are still there. You can check this by accessing your Sighthound Data folder (https://www.sighthound.com/support/wher ... store-data) and then check to see if your camdb file has data in there. That file will hold all of the configurations of your cameras that you have already setup. If you do see data in that file, there might be an issue somewhere else that is preventing Sighthound Video to open correctly. I suggest sending us a bug report by clicking Help > Report a Problem. This will send us your logs which will help us investigate this issue further.

We will be standing by for the report, thank you!

no avatar
Max&Leo

by Max&Leo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Kbond wrote:Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that all of your cameras have been lost. I'm sure the configurations are still there. You can check this by accessing your Sighthound Data folder (https://www.sighthound.com/support/wher ... store-data) and then check to see if your camdb file has data in there. That file will hold all of the configurations of your cameras that you have already setup. If you do see data in that file, there might be an issue somewhere else that is preventing Sighthound Video to open correctly. I suggest sending us a bug report by clicking Help > Report a Problem. This will send us your logs which will help us investigate this issue further.

We will be standing by for the report, thank you!

Report submitted. The configurations are still in that camdb file you mentioned.

no avatar
Max&Leo

by Max&Leo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:21 pm

UPDATE: This was all my fault. I updated the OP.

Return to Technical Support