Close

Once again.. problems finding cameras

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
seanog

Once again.. problems finding cameras

by seanog » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:51 am

Sighthound video had a few crashes all on it's own. Tried to reinstall the App., got one camera working but it cannot find the other although I can see it on my phone and in the Browser. Also when an error occurs I cannot "Report a problem".
There must be serious incompatibilities with Sighthound video an the Mac OS.

Kbond

Re: Once again.. problems finding cameras

by Kbond » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:30 am

Hello,

As stated in the other forum post, if you find this error, you are able to zip up all of your logs and email that to us at support@sighthound.com. When you send this in, can you please also give us the make and model of the camera that is having issues?

Sighthound Video is accessing the video stream different than the browser and phone since those two are most likely using proprietary methods. Sighthound Video is accessing the video stream directly via an RTSP stream. However, we should be able to get the camera back setup once we have your logs and the make and model.

We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

no avatar
seanog

by seanog » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:54 am

Maybe we could start with why I cannot "report a problem"? Don't know anything about "Zip" files as I use a MAC.

no avatar
seanog

by seanog » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Being as I am being ignored, could I have my money back please. Never worked for more than a few days. Spent hours on this deleting & installing cameras. Can't send "report a problem" but this is ignored as well.

Return to Technical Support