Close

Need HELP!

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
BIG4D

Need HELP!

by BIG4D » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:08 pm

I have a couple of BESDER camera. I had to replace my hard drive and rebuild my machine. Now Sighthound does not see me cameras. These are wired cameras and I can log into them and see them in a browser and I can see them on the network using Advanced IP Scanner.
They work perfectly through the browser.
Sighthound does not even detect them when I go to the "Add Camera" setup.
I have tried adding them manually, by typing in the IP address but that does not work either.
These used to work and I was using Sighthound successfully for a while.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kbond

Re: Need HELP!

by Kbond » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello,

We should be able to help. Can you please tell us the model of your BESDER camera? I will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

-Kevin

no avatar
BIG4D

by BIG4D » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Thank you Kevin,
The model number is 9048MW-1202.

Kbond

by Kbond » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. You should be able to connect to this camera by manually adding using the following configuration:

Camera Type: Other IP Camera
Protocol: RTSP
Port: 554 or leave blank
Stream Path: /11

Please give this a try. If this fails, please click Help > Report a Problem from Sighthound Video. That will send your logs over to support for us to investigate further. We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

-Kevin

no avatar
BIG4D

by BIG4D » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks Kevin,
Thank you for your help. I tried your suggestion. Did not work. States "Could not connect".
I did notice that when I open the camera in IE that a window pops up and with three options. The window is titled "Bit Rate Type" with three check boxes. Top one is "Main Stream", second one is "Second Stream", third one is "Auto Prompt". I have tried unchecking the "Auto Prompt" but is arrears every time I open the camera in a browser. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Any other suggestions?

Kbond

by Kbond » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:38 am

Hello,

Sorry that the configuration didn't work for you. Can you please send in a bug report by clicking Help > Report a Problem? That will send in your logs which will help us investigate this issue a little further. When you send that in, can you please provide your camera details there as well?

We will keep an eye out for that report, thank you!

no avatar
BIG4D

by BIG4D » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Done. Ticket 3608 has been created.

Return to Technical Support