Close

Sighthound & Mac

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
seanog

Sighthound & Mac

by seanog » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:56 am

Having problems with Sighthound Video and a Mac. Always losing the camers and then always a problem finding them again ' I can see them on my phone with the Camera App, I can see them in a Web Browser, but not in Sighthound. It will work fine for days than just stops, no apparent reason. I was away and Sighthound just stoped at 00:01. and try as I might `I cannot find the cameras. I install manually. And I get an error message when I try to " report a problem" within the Sighthound video app.

Kbond

Re: Sighthound & Mac

by Kbond » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. The applications that can view your camera is using a different protocol then what Sighthound Video uses. However, we can take a look into this a little more. Can you please zip up the logs folder found in the Sighthound Video folder which can be found in the following locations:

On Windows - C:\ProgramData\Sighthound Video\ or C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Sighthound Video\
On OSX - /Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/ or /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/

Then send that to support@sighthound.com and relay the make and model of each of the cameras that are failing. We will be able to give you the configurations on how to manually connect to them.

We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

Return to Technical Support