Close

Issue opening GUI

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
mldoy11

Issue opening GUI

by mldoy11 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi, I'm running Sighthound video 6 and I'm having issues getting to the GUI. The issue is that I try to open the app GUI and I see a prompt that says "Starting Sighthound Video..." "Just a moment..." with a scrolling progress bar. Eventually I get an error "the application could not be started. Please wait a minute and try again."

If I try again later, same happens. I re-installed the application and when I first opened it, it works and when I close it and try opening it again, same happens. I upgraded to the current Beta and same thing.

Kbond

Re: Issue opening GUI

by Kbond » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 am

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues starting up Sighthound Video. Can you please open up your Activity Monitor and check to see if there are any outstanding running Sighthound Video processes. If you see then there, please kill them and then try to restart Sighthound Video.

If you do see the "Starting Sighthound Video..." again, please click the icon again. That message should disappear. If you still have issues, please email support at support@sighthound.com. We will be able to get more information and help you better there.

Return to Technical Support