Close

logitech alert 700e replacement

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
shyboy

logitech alert 700e replacement

by shyboy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:36 pm

I need to add a poe camera to my existing setup.
I currently have 4 outdoor and 1 indoor logitech alert cameras(750e, 700e and 700i), still using the logitech alert software.

I am looking for a suggestions to
1. add another outdoor camera
2. what other free/cheap software options that I can use in lie of logitech alert software.

TIA

Semper Vaporo

Re: logitech alert 700e replacement

by Semper Vaporo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:46 pm

You can get devices that will allow you to use any camera with power supplied over the ethernet cable. You put the camera DC power supply near the router, with one half of the pair of devices to inject the power onto the ethernet cable. At the camera end you put the other of the pair and it filters out the DC power to a cable that plugs into the camera power socket. They are inexpensive and can pass just about any level of DC power to any camera. Often it is cheaper to get a camera that does not have PoE built-in and get a pair of these devices than to get an identical camera (spec-wise) that has PoE built-in.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
shyboy

by shyboy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:29 pm

So I bought the Uniden (UC100B/DC) All-In-One Outdoor Bullet Camera to add with my other logitech cameras.

my alert software is not able to detect this camera. Uniden support knows nothing about this. All they are saying is that it is one of their discontinue product.

Can I use the above camera as an addition to my logitech setup?
does anyone here knows how to setup/change the network camera key for this particular camera?

would I able to mix and match my logitech and uniden cameras with Logitech software or sighthound software?

Kbond

by Kbond » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Hello,

You should be able to connect this camera to Sighthound Video. You should be able to connect your camera using the following configuration:

Camera Type: Other IP camera
Protocol: RTSP
Port: Leave blank or 554
Stream Path: /ch01.264

You can follow the directions at the link below to find how to add a camera manually to enter that information:

https://www.sighthound.com/support/manu ... mera-setup

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Return to General Discussion