Close

App (iOS) doesn't connect

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
marcogovoni

App (iOS) doesn't connect

by marcogovoni » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:42 am

I have this problem. I can connect from outside using web browser (external ip:port + username + password). But when I try with APP, I receive this error "Unknown Error 501 (HTTP error 501)".
The port is open, because I can connect using browser outside my lan, but APP doesn't.
What could be the problem?
Thanks

no avatar
habari

Re: App (iOS) doesn't connect

by habari » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Same here. I can log in on Safari off the LAN via the https:// but not via the app.

???

thanks,

hamilton williams

no avatar
marcogovoni

by marcogovoni » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Hey, there is no support here??

no avatar
Bob126

by Bob126 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:41 am

Hello, I guess you can ask light it for help.... It`s easier than spending much time trying to connect it.... well, it`s your decision anyway but still I would recommend you to do it. Good luck!

no avatar
Yamara

by Yamara » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Apple has its own designs that are adapted only to their software. Maybe you downloaded a version that's conflicting?

no avatar
marcogovoni

by marcogovoni » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:15 pm

I use the last version of iOS app. But it doesn't work. If I connect via https on safari iOS browser, it's ok!
But is there someone of sighthound's support here???

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to connect to the iOS application. Somethings to check immediately is if you are connecting to your internal/local IP, your mobile device will have to be on the same network as the machine running Sighthound Video. When entering the IP address in the mobile app, you will only want to have the IP and port there. That will look something like 192.168.0.1:8848. You do not want HTTP or HTTPS there. If neither of these works, can you please click Help > Report a Problem from Sighthound Video. That will send us your logs to investigate this issue further.

We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

Return to Technical Support