Close

Has anyone got the Google Wifi router to work with the app?

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
lolwutdo

Has anyone got the Google Wifi router to work with the app?

by lolwutdo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:22 am

I've opened up my port 8848 through Google Wifi's app and I'm still unable to connect to my computer from outside my network.

I could use some help, thanks!

no avatar
kgonzalez

Re: Has anyone got the Google Wifi router to work with the a

by kgonzalez » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 am

Hi there,

You may need to do some further configuration with your router such as configuring your router to accept outside traffic. If you have enabled remote access inside of Sighthound Video and have verified that using the "Local," and "Internal" address works, then you can continue with the "External" configuration. Also, you'll want to check that in Sighthound Video in the remote access menu you have "Open this port in my router" checked.

If everything from above is working, then I recommend following the instruction from the following link to see if you correctly configure the port forward rule. https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6274503?hl=en

The IP address you'll specify while creating this rule is the IP address of the computer running Sighthound Video. The port is the port number that you specified when configuring remote access in Sighthound Video by default this is port 8848.

no avatar
Burickg@gmail.com

Re: Has anyone got the Google Wifi router to work with the a

by Burickg@gmail.com » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 am

i have. make sure your isp modem is bridged

Return to General Discussion