Close

iPhone vs. iPad issue viewing clips

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
-AJK-

iPhone vs. iPad issue viewing clips

by -AJK- » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 am

I have two cameras (driveway and front door(. Both work fine on the desktop. Both can view the livestream from both my iPhone and iPad with no issues. The problem is watching clips. Both load the driveway clips and play without issue (takes about 50% longer to load on the iPad). The front door clips only play on the iPhone. It looks like they might be loading on the iPad (screen on right side goes black) but nothing ever happens. I can select a other driveway clip and it will load okay. On the iPhone, for what it is worth, driveway clips tend to load faster than front door.

Any thoughts?

According to the app I have:

App Version: 1.8 (1.8.0.102)
Sighthound Video Version: 5.1.7
iOS Version: Version 12.1.2
Device: iPhone8,1
and
iOS Version 12.1 (12.1.2 is not available)
Device: iPad5,3

no avatar
Steve

Re: iPhone vs. iPad issue viewing clips

by Steve » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 am

I have the same problem. Tried on 4G router and 250Mb router (Fiber) just takes ages to load on my ipad Pro but on my iphone its instant.

Kbond

by Kbond » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 am

Hello All,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues viewing clips on your iPad. Can you please check your settings for clip quality for remote access? You can find this by going to the following tab within Sighthound Video:

Windows: Tools > Options > Remote Access > Advanced
Mac: Sighthound Video > Preferences > Remote Access > Advanced

You should make sure that the Clip Video Quality is set to Original. If it isn't, try setting it to normal and testing again. If it is already set to Original, try a lower setting to see if that helps with the load any better.

If you find adjusting these settings does not help at all, can you please click Help > Report a Problem from Sighthound Video. This will create a ticket with support who can help better diagnose these issues.

We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:53 am

-AJK- wrote:It looks like they might be loading on the iPad (screen on right side goes black) but nothing ever happens.

Yep, I worked a very similar issue with Sighthound support a few months back, and the problem had to do with a new camera I added that supported audio (my first and only with audio). When I disabled the audio on that camera, playback of those camera's clips on the iPad worked fine, while the iPhone didn't care and played it back with audio.

I allowed them to log in to my system remotely so they could duplicate the issue, which they confirmed. So, if that's the same for you, I'm hopeful that Sighthound is aware of the issue and will be releasing a fix.

-Tony

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:33 am

This issue has been fixed on my iPad with the latest app release. Thanks!

no avatar
anytimetablethire

by anytimetablethire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:39 am

We provide the latest iMac with retina show, kiosks, safety cases, accessories and world class customer service.

Return to Technical Support