Close

notification of alarms to phone

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
gregseger

notification of alarms to phone

by gregseger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 pm

remote access has been set up. is the user name/password the one for the email account? sending the notification. I am using the outgoing as also the incoming on the phone. It would be best to get a single frame/photo sent of the rule violation? Anyway I can get it.

I started out i got the alerts now I don't but I had to register again because I switched to a faster computer in the house. Maybe that's why?

I have ssd drives on the way because I feel like the constant driver running will burn them up. so I have designation file saving in other locations rather than what the initial setup gave me.

Now I alarms/alerts are not getting sent nor saved in the alerts file .. I do see the temperary file is loading up and watching them I should be getting alerts

rules to stop false alerts have been 3 sec and size of object/person/any is at least 40 pix

give me start all over instructions I seem to be going in circles

I did have to re-register to even send this topic out

no avatar
gregseger

Re: notification of alarms to phone

by gregseger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pm

I should of said alerts not alarms. the android app gave me a notice but the video was in app under clip. I got nothing under alert. I have moved the storage of videos and will again. I don't see were the app is smart enough to know were to go for a alert.

help get me connected to the alerts ... the problem with security alarms is the false alarms/alerts

no avatar
gregseger

by gregseger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Ok more specific ... I got it giving me a notification... my phone displays object in ... that's all I get .. the problem is when I open the app I have to hunt the videos down ... its kinda disconnected in that way I just want the notification of the WHAT camera had what kind of rule break of have it on top when I open the app. I don't need all non rule videos to look through when I get an alert time is of the essences if I need to call 911

no avatar
gregseger

by gregseger » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm

ok so I changed the name of rule to a short custom title then my phone notifies me what camera .. notification states a "alert for rule" i go to app without clearing notification but there is no videos under alerts? app still shows a green dot on app opener .. still no video in under alerts HELP

Kbond

by Kbond » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 am

Hello,

Are you still having issues with this? Are you saying you get an alert on your phone but when you go to the alert section, you do not see any videos? Whenever you get an alert, you should see those videos in the Alert section. If you are not, can you please click Help > Report a Problem from Sighthound Video? This will send us your logs which will help us investigate further.

We will be standing by for those logs, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
gregseger

by gregseger » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 am

Kbond, You have a great program, I have read over and over, and try things and get it. takes longer maybe? hes what really made the program shine. For the benefit of other, pay attention: when trying to eliminate false alerts here is how.

did you know? that when your on search looking at clips that the program goes through all of them for that day/camera and based on rule/rules it then labels them and creates a list. Based on present rules, notice the video clips with no label are the alerts.

with that being true you can change a rule start search again and see the results of what the rule change will do.

this is all you need to know about fine tuning the alerts to be just what you want. Each camera will have custom rules.

I ended up using cross the line rule more than once, maybe 3 time with 3 different rules for same camera. It takes time to eliminate false alerts. there are so many ways the false alerts happen, but with this method you will know what to do.

Return to General Discussion