Close

Notifications are down again.

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Burickg@gmail.com

Notifications are down again.

by Burickg@gmail.com » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 pm

This is the 3rd time in under a year. I must say this is very frustrating. I like the software but this issue defeats the purpose

Kbond

Re: Notifications are down again.

by Kbond » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:11 am

Hello,

We do apologize that notifications are down for you now. Engineering is currently looking into this. We will update you on the internal ticket that you created earlier.

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
flynreelow

by flynreelow » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Ive been pulling my teeth out trying to get notifications working. How long have they been out for, and when can we expect this to come back up. Any monetary credit to our accounts?

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello,

We are currently working on a new release to fix this issue. We are hoping that things will be back to normal by tomorrow. We are currently testing this new release now. Once we are happy with things, we will push out an update. We do apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact support if you have any other questions or concerns at support@sighthound.com, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
shrub

by shrub » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 am

They are back up but are now really delayed and come through in batches of 5-10 notifications at once.
Is there a way so that once a notification goes out there is a timeout delay before the next mobile alert?

Kbond

by Kbond » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am

Hello,

We would like to investigate this a bit further. Can you please click Help > Report a Problem from within Sighthound Video? This will send us your logs which will help with diagnosing this issue. We will be standing by for that report, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
flynreelow

by flynreelow » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 pm

shrub wrote:They are back up but are now really delayed and come through in batches of 5-10 notifications at once.
Is there a way so that once a notification goes out there is a timeout delay before the next mobile alert?

I am having this same issue. Delayed big time... it used to be as quick as say a ring notification. now it can be seconds, or even minutes....

then like shrub said, you will get 5 or 10 in a row...

I just submitted a bug report

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello flynreelow,

We'll take a look at the bug report you sent in, we look forward to resolving this issue for you soon.

Regards,

Kenneth

no avatar
Rocinante

by Rocinante » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Are they down again today?
I have not received notifications on my iPhone.

Kbond

by Kbond » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello,

Notifications are working currently. Can you go into your mobile app setting and turn Push Notifications off, reboot your phone and turn Push Notifications back on? Please let us know if that fixes your issue, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

Next

Return to Technical Support