Close

No updates, no support

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
visionik

Re: No updates, no support

by visionik » Wed May 01, 2019 10:18 am

foustep - linux is coming, but we're not quite there yet.

The switch to the Sighthound IO backend makes the backend super easy to do on linux as its already supported.

We have to port the frontend - but we are building a new frontend and don't want to port code we will soon retire.

I want Linux support more than just about anyone - it will happen, hopefully by the end of the year but no promises yet.

-Jonathan (Sighthound CEO)

no avatar
mosheldon

by mosheldon » Wed May 01, 2019 6:26 pm

So far the upgrade went well. To me, it seems like the mobile app and web interface are quicker to stream video. But it could be just my perception of it being new.

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Thu May 02, 2019 1:32 am

Just installed the beta and I'll spend more time with it over the next few days but two immediate things:

1. I like that I can switch back and forth between versions easily, though I'm afraid to edit my rules as it might break backwards compatibility (ie. look for cars).

2. CPU load went from 22% to 75% (much more than the mentioned 30% increase).

Questions:

Where should we give feedback? I know you allow for easy clip uploading, but what about general comments not related to clips?

Can the beta process h.265?

Thanks,
Tony

no avatar
emhvoy

by emhvoy » Thu May 02, 2019 12:50 pm

It’s fantastic that we have access now to the new beta version. This actual version runs stable and it’s possible again to access the clips via the mobile app. Is there any chance to update the iOS version so thats fully fit the screen size of iPhone X/XR/XS?

Many thanks.

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Wed May 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Is the beta on par with veesion5 ? Or are there still issues with detection issues like In other threads?

no avatar
mr.Magoo

by mr.Magoo » Thu May 30, 2019 12:45 pm

I never ran V5 to any extent so I can't say whether or not it's on par with it but V6 is running OK.
There hasn't been any updates since the initial release so I would assume that whatever bugs that has been reported still exists. For example, I could not get people passing a border to work where as generic people detection (in frame) is fine.

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 pm

thank you! it seems pretty quiet on the dev front. no chatter or feedback going on here really.

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 am

Hello Everyone,

If you are interested in what has been released on version 2 of Sighthound Video 6 beta then you can read the following blog post:

https://www.sighthound.com/blog/sightho ... o-6-beta-2

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Glad to hear OSX performance has improved. I stopped using beta 1 when it loaded my CPU 2 to 2.5 times the old version. I'll be trying the beta 2 version out soon. Thanks!

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:04 pm

I was running the OSX Beta 2 for a few days. New detection types are cool and the CPU footprint is now back down close to v5. However, it is just too unstable and would crash all the time. I sent a bunch of error logs that I hope help you guys out, but I'm switching back to v5 until Beta 3 drops.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion