Close

No updates, no support

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
tallrob

Re: No updates, no support

by tallrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Uh huh, sure.

fenderman wrote:lol, you feel like they owe you something and not delivering yet you are still here rambling. So why have you not found this magical cloud solution that works yet? tell us all about it! Do you not compressed the severe limitations of cloud? I dont even use sighthound. My purpose is to tell you off because I could tell what kind of person you are. Your response confirmed it. :roll:

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:16 pm

Hey Sighthound team - are there any updates to this? Keep up the hard work -we know you're working hard on it.

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am

Hello @joelegg

Unfortunately, there is no new information on Sighthound Video 6.0 from engineering. Our project management team and engineering are working tirelessly and are aware of the concern and delay of version 6; this is a priority.

no avatar
visionik

by visionik » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 am

Hi - I've written a new blog post with a bunch of information about Sighthound Video 6:

https://www.sighthound.com/where-is-sighthound-video-6

Highlights... Sighthound Video 6 will:

- Enter open BETA this month (April 2019).
- Be free if in 2018/2019 you paid for a) Sighthound Video or b) support and upgrades.
- Detect generic moving objects, people, animals, and vehicles.
- Benefit from your help to improve "night vision".
- Have way more support than prior releases.

I apologize for the lack of upgrades and support over the past year. I'm an avid Sighthound Video user and I care about this product. The product will continue to improve - today we have a plans for a three-year roadmap, taking us to Sighthound Video 10.

Best,

-Jonathan Taylor
-CEO, SIghthound

no avatar
tcesario

by tcesario » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:01 am

Very excited. Thanks for the update, Jonathan!

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 am

What great news Jonathan. As a user since the original VitmD days I'm excited to hear your commitment to us users as some have been with you for a very long time. Next, Beta testing, can't wait.

Steve

steven77w

by steven77w » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:27 am

ratatine, yep, it's really bad when websites have such annoying bugs and lags. When our company's website was facing all kind of those problems, we've made a decision about rewriting website's code entirely, and implementing new features, that helped us to step forward and think about how much does it cost to build an app (a separate mobile app), so a little bit of thoughts and we've chosen the perfect option in ratio quality/price.

no avatar
ratatine

by ratatine » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Here I log in by happenstance right after someone randomly mentions me in a post. What are the odds. And I'm still wondering if that was spam or not? :P Not clicking the link anyway because most of that made no sense to me.

Anyway, I'm happy to see the update that Sighthound 6 upgrades will be extended to people under 2018 support contracts. After how long it took to get a fix for the android app alone that had me constantly killing it and logging back in, it's a small gesture that is appreciated.

I find it insightful to consider that SIO porting to windows was a big holdup. With the versatility, ubiquity and acceptability of linux I would have figured it would have made more sense to move there. (Not to mention the advantage of no GUI overhead and free licensing options for the platform. I too would prefer to run under linux. My last setup utilized openRTSP and it was great. (Of course with no ability to detect motion.)

Anyway, thanks for ensuring we are covered in our investments.

no avatar
visionik

by visionik » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 am

ratatine wrote:I find it insightful to consider that SIO porting to windows was a big holdup. With the versatility, ubiquity and acceptability of linux I would have figured it would have made more sense to move there. (Not to mention the advantage of no GUI overhead and free licensing options for the platform. I too would prefer to run under linux. My last setup utilized openRTSP and it was great. (Of course with no ability to detect motion.)

It came down to

a) customer needs - SIO already ran on linux, and we had many customers waiting for SIO for Windows.

b) throw-away work porting the existing Sighthound Video UI to LInux - we have work to do this, but we also want to replace the UI. We didn't want to port code over we'd soon replace.

ratatine wrote:Anyway, thanks for ensuring we are covered in our investments.

You're welcome!

-Jonathan

B00ze

by B00ze » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Wow, just received email from Jonathan Taylor.

EDITED POST: Looks like I cannot do strike-through, so I deleted my previous comments...

Looks like Sighthound Video 6 will be using Sighthound.IO for recognition, meaning Cloud (or am I wrong?) --- I was wrong --- The new Sighthound Video 6 will be using a LOCAL Sighthound.IO instance! Had me worried there that Sighthound Video 6 was going to become yet another "store video in the cloud" platform. IMO, local storage is preferable; anyone can just disconnect your coax/fiber cable before visiting, and on entirely cloud-based solutions, bye bye security footage. Best is local storage with upload options, like we have now.

To tell the truth, I would just have stayed on version 5 if it had gone cloudy. I find nothing wrong with the v5 UI. Detection of ppl is terrible (VitaminD was a bit better at this) but I do not have many cameras, so I just watch all objects.

Best Regards,

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion