Close

No updates, no support

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
flynreelow

Re: No updates, no support

by flynreelow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am

Almost a month later... any more news on 6.0. Got a few clients that really want to try this, but waiting for the 6.0 release before pulling the trigger.

Have you at least released it to Beta? I don't recall getting an email invite yet?

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 am

Hi Kevin

That's us in to 2019. Do you have an estimate on a test beta for sighthound 6?

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 am

Hello Steve,

I do apologize for the delay with the Sighthound Video version 6 beta release. Engineering is still fixing a few underlying issues. They have not handed off a timeline for the release as of yet. As soon as I have more information, I will be more than happy to give an update here. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to support at support@sighthound.com.

Regards,
Kevin

no avatar
DaveW42

by DaveW42 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 am

When the new update is released, will there be any corresponding changes to your pricing model or will it remain the same? If you do change your pricing model, it would be appreciated if you could announce the particulars in advance so that those of us who are currently considering a purchase have that information available and can decide accordingly.

Lastly, I'm disappointed to hear that you are closing this forum. I think that is a significant mistake. As a potential new customer, from my perspective it would be better to beef up your support of this forum rather than closing it down.

Thanks,
Dave

Kbond

by Kbond » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:09 am

Hello Dave,

As of right now, pricing is still being discussed internally. However, nothing has been decided yet. As for support goes, we are focusing more on one on one support since we do get a lot of spam in these forums. If you do have any questions or issues, you can always email support at support@sighthound.com. Also, if you go to our website, we have live chat during business hours 10AM to 6PM EST.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
tallrob

by tallrob » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 am

I've heard this kind of string along before. Sighthound is essentially dead. If you can't keep a decent timeline or let your customer's know what to expect for the future, you're gone. Too bad. Looks like it's mediocre cloud service cameras from now on.

Kbond

by Kbond » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello tallrob,

We are sorry you feel this way. This upgrade that we are currently working on is a complete rebuild of our backend which will now support our Computer Vision algorithms. While we know the deployment has been delayed, it doesn't mean we are not hard at work perfecting the implementation of our main Computer Vision software.

Please feel free to reach out to support at support@sighthound.com if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
boatrush

by boatrush » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:01 am

Kbond, I’m sure you are getting tired of responding to these, but I do have a questions/concerns about the future of Sighthound. I have begun construction of a new security camera system, and need some additional confidence that Sighthound will be supported into the future before purchasing a pro license.
My experience with your product/software has been excellent. I really appreciate the features/design, a truly impressive produced. I also understand your current development effort is a large one as previously stated. I am currently at the point where I need to purchase the software for this new system/setup. With the previously discussed concerns from other users, and no clear 6.0 release date or status, it gives me pause.
I need some additional assurance (or transparency) before laying down the money (I’d rather not go with a different product if possible).
Thanks again for any additional information you can provide.
Greg

Kbond

by Kbond » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:25 am

Hello boatrush,

It's no problem at all. We completely understand your concerns. Sighthound Video is not going anywhere and will be supported with no end in sight. I wish I could give an ETA on its release. Right now Sighthound Video version 6.0 is moving back and forth between engineering and our Computer Vision team tweaking configs to find the best thresholds for detections and tracking. Unfortunately, they do not have an estimated time on when they will be finished. I try to get updates every few days and once we are getting close, I will be sending out a beta. If you would like to join that to get into early development, I would be more than happy to add you. Please email support at support@sighthound.com to be added.

Again, we do apologize for any inconveniences from the delay of Sighthound Video 6.0. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
tallrob

by tallrob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:50 am

"Unfortunately, they do not have an estimated time on when they will be finished."

That's the problem. You've been saying this for almost a year. What kind of engineering team has no idea when they'll be finished, while the customer base gets scared off? You should tell someone to light a fire.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion