Close

Bad feeling...again!

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
tcesario

Bad feeling...again!

by tcesario » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am

I've been a SH user for almost 4 years now, and regularly follow this message board. I was looking through these great posts/suggestions here in Feature Requests and had trouble finding ANY that were ever implemented. I think we are talking into the wind.

No software updates in 6 months, little to no participation on this board from SH employees. There was a similar lack of development in 2016 before 4.0 dropped...almost 10 months of no updates, but 4.0 was pretty fantastic. Compare that to the active development in 2017 when there were 16 updates and now 2 updates in 2018. Deja vu. :roll:

https://www.sighthound.com/support/release-notes

no avatar
millenios

Re: Bad feeling...again!

by millenios » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:57 am

I have the same bad feeling, I only have a basic sighthound license but been using the software for years. I have posted a question about the option to add another 2 cams for $60 as I consider $250 too much but had no response. I am getting nagged in the app to renew my support subs but feel there is little reason to with the lack of development in the app or interest in customers.

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:07 am

Hello,

We do apologize for the delay and the lack of responsiveness on the forum board. We have been working on a major update that is taking longer than expected. We are adding integration with our modern Computer Vision platform (Sighthound IO, or SIO) to Sighthound Video. SIO is the foundation of all our newer technologies, including vehicle and face detection and recognition. Getting SIO running 100% on Windows and OS X (and integrated with Sighthound Video) has taken longer than we anticipated.

Regards,

Kenneth

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:04 pm

pretty exciting features. I have sighthound running two hd hikvisions at the front of my house - it's great for summarising what's going on in my neighbourhood.

really keen to move my whole cameras setup to SH - but will need a new rig to do so as it'd be 5 hd cameras and require remote arm/disarm as a feature which doesn't exist.

no avatar
alphatech

by alphatech » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:35 am

These are the features that the home automation that I'm part of and I are looking for. Lot of people in the forum are switching to Blueiris because there is no activities here. I really love this program and the new features, is possible to test the best of it?

Kbond

by Kbond » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello @alphatech ,

Sighthound Video is still very much active. We have been more focused on our normal ticketing system as well as facebook and twitter. We do offer live chat during business hours as well. We would be more than happy to set you up with a Trial license to test Sighthound Video out. However, Sighthound Version 6.0 is not available for beta testing as of yet. If you would like to be apart of the beta or anything else, please email support at support@sighthound.com.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
alphatech

by alphatech » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am

I wish you guys would keep your promises and deliver times. A company seriousness shows by how they deliver what they have promise. After spending $300 for annual renew and product for almost 4 years, I got 1 or 2 updates a year. In the meantime, like every user here, we keep paying for annual renew wishing that one day you guys release more upgrades. Most of us are thinking to abandon you for other companies but we are stuck with "A Dogs Chase Their Tails" if we do not renew and you finally put the next upgrade "Face recognition" then we need to buy the program again, while if we pay for the upgrade the release never happens. Please be honest with your customers. Why is so difficult to give us general updates on this product?

Kbond

by Kbond » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 am

Hello,

Just to be clear, if you let your Support and Upgrade subscription expire, you do not need to buy the product again. This subscription is not mandatory unless you are upgrading SIghthound Versions. You can renew those at any times or if you are happy with the current version, keep that at no additional costs.

I understand your frustrations with the delay in the release of Sighthound Video 6.0. This release is a major upgrade from what we currently have migrating our true SIO computer vision technology. As with any major upgrade, we have hit a few roadblocks. This build is in the final stages of productions now. If you would like to be a part of our beta program, I will be more than happy to add you to that list. Please email support at support@sighthound.com giving your preferred email address.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience with the delay in the release of Sighthound Video 6.0. We are actively working on it. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
fskrotzki

by fskrotzki » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:54 pm

So kbond,

It's been another 6 months and still no Version 6.0 so much for being in the final stages. We all love the product but could use a few things added. promises of it's coming are not helping much.

no avatar
piter85

by piter85 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:29 pm

The selection of a contact or non contact all kinds of sensor depends on your application. Although non contact technology seems advantages it is not possible to use non contact Nagano keiki Pressure sensor for each and every application. Some non contact abs speed sensor like laser and ultrasonic sensors may be dangerous. The advantage of non contact sensors are that there is no mechanical contact so there is no friction and the mazda 6 suction control valve does not wear out. Hence operating cycles are more. Non contact suction control valve are more costly compared to contact Speed Sensor. Operating temperature and frequency response of a contact Pressure Sensor is high. Some non contact sensors like ultrasonic sensors may have a blind range.

Return to Feature Requests