Close

How to rebuild index

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
samimob

How to rebuild index

by samimob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 am

Greetings, is there some way to force Sighthound to rebuild the search index. I had a corruption on some of the saved video folders recently and had to manually deleted some old records. fetchall in the logs in taking 15 seconds since so I am presuming that the index is corrupt. Can you please advise the best options. Many thanks!

Kbond

Re: How to rebuild index

by Kbond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 am

Hello,

Deleting videos outside of the actual Sighthound Video app is never recommended since it will cause issues with storage. At this point, it might be best to start completely over. You can save the following file and folder which holds the information for your rules and camera information:

Windows:
C:\\Users\\<username>\\AppData\\Local\\Sighthound Video\\camdb
C:\\Users\\<username>\\AppData\\Local\\Sighthound Video\\rules

Mac:
/Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/camdb
/Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/rules/

You can save these files outside of Sighthound and then delete the rest of the files. Please make sure that all of the cameras within Sighthound Video are off and the app is closed. Then when you start it back up after you delete everything, you will get a clean install. From there, just replace the camdb and rules folder with the pre-generated ones and you should be good to go.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
samimob

by samimob » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am

Kevin, thanks very much for your advice.

I totally understand that the best solution would be to do a clean install, unfortunately I'm not allowed to as we're keeping ~3 months of recordings.

Is there any low level script I can run or anything other hack I can try in order to get the storage back to a reasonable state. I will of course back up before trying so on worst case I can restore. I would really appreciate any low level tricks you can recommend!!!

Kbond

by Kbond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:31 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, there isn't a script that we can provide to fix this. Currently, the video database doesn't match the videos in your storage which is causing issues. You will need to start fresh, unfortunately. You should backup all of your videos now and follow the steps I previously stated. We do apologize for any inconvenience there.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Regards,
-Kevin

Return to Technical Support