Close

Home Mode

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
jasoncheesemanuk

Home Mode

by jasoncheesemanuk » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 pm

I've recently switched over from Synology Surveillance Station as their detection algorithm is average at best and trying to find where something has changed in the footage (i.e. box stolen from porch) is terrible (you can only search in real-time).

However, they've introduced a feature called Home Mode

https://www.synology.com/en-global/know ... /home_mode

It allows the user to use Geofencing on his/her mobile phone - set a distance around the home - and setup different notifications, recording on/off etc.

I have a number of cameras inside and outside of my home. I'd like to make sure that notifications stop when I'm in the home, but recording continues on the outside cameras but internal cameras are turned off. And then when I leave, they are all activated again.

Kbond

Re: Home Mode

by Kbond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello,

Sighthound Video does not have ay geolocation services that will turn on/off cameras due to proximity. This is a manual process that you can do on your mobile device. We do apologize for any inconvenience here. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
jasoncheesemanuk

Re: Home Mode

by jasoncheesemanuk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:46 am

It was under "feature request". I know you don't have it at the moment. Perhaps you could look at incorporating it in your next release. Software like "Security Spy", "Synology Security Station", "Blue Iris" all support geo fencing.

Return to Feature Requests