Close

Request: Filter out temporary (non-rule) clips from view

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
davidnels

Request: Filter out temporary (non-rule) clips from view

by davidnels » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

New user of Sighthound Video and absolutely in love!

My one request would be that you'd give us the option to filter temporary clips (non-rule triggered) from the Search/Clips view.

I have a camera mounted near a tree, and some of the leaves blowing in the wind constantly trigger unknown object detection as temporary clips. In day 1, I've already had over 300 clips created :)

I understand they must exist due to the way Sighthound works, but it'd be great to have a checkbox or settings option to filter out temporary clips from appearing.

David

Semper Vaporo

Re: Request: Filter out temporary (non-rule) clips from view

by Semper Vaporo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Create a rule for the movement that you do want to see... such as something crossing a line that is against the tree so that things behind/beyond the tree are not triggers... and then in the Search mode select just that rule and all the "not saved by rule" temporary clips will not show.

I get THOUSANDS of temporary clips due to wind induced movement. The thing I'd like is to be able to select multiple rules at the same time so that I can more easily track a person passing across the field of vision of multiple cameras, yet not have to contend with clips from other cameras that are not involved with the situation I am investigating at the moment.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
davidnels

Re: Request: Filter out temporary (non-rule) clips from view

by davidnels » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Yep, I have done that - but +1 to being able to select multiple rules at once, as that would be another potential solution to the same problem.

Return to Feature Requests