Close

Clip Naming on Export

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
cspacone

Clip Naming on Export

by cspacone » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Unless I missed it someplace (and my apologies in advance if that is the case) I don't see any way to export a given clip and assign a meaningful name to it.

As an example, I exported a rule based clip from the grid view and it was named 855.mp4 upon exporting another clip the filename was simply incremented to 855(1).mp4

What would be far more useful is using the name of the camera that generated the alert, in this case Kitchen Door and post-pending that with the timestamp of the clip in question 2018-06-09-10-39-43 to create a resuting filename:

Kitchen-Door-2018-06-09-10-39-43.mp4

Adding the name of the rule that created the alert might be useful as well but I'll be satisfied with the camera name and timestamp.

And, BTW, I just paid for my 2 camera license. I'm looking forward to seeing your updates.

Thanks,
-Chris

Kbond

Re: Clip Naming on Export

by Kbond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello Chris,

If you edit your rules for a specific camera and go to "If Seen" and "Save Clips", you will see "Export this clip to:". Here you can specify an FTP server or a local folder. If you set your local folder to a path to a directory on your machine, video clips will be staved as follows:

Any object in camera1 2018-10-12 13-36-39-116.mp4

It will say what type of object was detected, the camera name and a timestamp. Is this what you are looking for? Just as a test, I set the local folder to my download folder which looked like this - /Users/<username>/Downloads. This produced that video file above.

Does this help? Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

Return to Feature Requests