Close

Leveraging Cloud API with Sighthound Video

Learn how to turn an Android phone into an IP camera security system with Sighthound, download automation scripts & more.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
dhannifin

Leveraging Cloud API with Sighthound Video

by dhannifin » Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 pm

I understand that Sighthound Video doesn't yet support vehicle and facial recognition but I was thinking it would be easy to setup a script to upload an image to Sighthound API and send off emails and other triggers via the script. Has anyone tried this? The only way I can see to grab an image to upload is via email so I'm looking at Sending Email Alert with Image Attached >> Detach Image >> Run script to upload image and send notification emails etc. Has anyone tried anything similar or different?

Kbond

Re: Leveraging Cloud API with Sighthound Video

by Kbond » Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello,

This is something that you can do - registering an email notification, grabbing that image and then processing it with our CloudAPI. However, the image that is sent via email will never be reliable in a sense that the person detected will have a visible face. The image is randomly generated from the saved clip and because of that the image could have the person facing away or blocked by another object or not in focus. So while, the setup that you are wanting to implement is possible, it might not be worth the work. As far as I know, we currently do not have any customers that are taking this approach.

Our CloudAPI is free to test so feel free to try this out and if you do please post your results. Although, I do not see this working consistently.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
dhannifin

Re: Leveraging Cloud API with Sighthound Video

by dhannifin » Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi Kevin..thanks for the response!! I realize you can't comment on roadmap specifics but can you state if there is a pretty strong roadmap planned for SightHound Video or is the company driving more resources towards enterprise solutions right now?

Return to Hacker's Corner