Close

Reduce false positives

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
del0

Reduce false positives

by del0 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:51 pm

First of all, Sighthound Video is really a great piece of software :)
But there are some issues with one of the main aspects, detecting people.
(see topic13137)

I understand and appreciate your concept of "as little configuration as possible" but maybe it should be rethought.

Some suggestions:
- Why not add a "Report false positive" button with anonymised logs, video etc.
- As a rough filter, add possibilities for adding rulers into the scene (detected cars in a driveway should never match a human)

You seem to be much further with your progress on Sighthound Cloud and I understand that Sighthound Video is an "older" software, but is there a timetable for improvements regarding this?

Kbond

Re: Reduce false positives

by Kbond » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having so many issues with false detections. Unfortunately, no algorithm is perfect. Sighthound Video does leagues better in both general object and person detection, but there will always be flaws due to the endless variety of scene conditions and objects. We are constantly working to improve our algorithms, and hopefully, we'll be able to improve the accuracy of your scenes in future updates. I'm afraid there are no changes we can make at this moment to improve the algorithms for your specific scenes, however, we are currently working on a new release of Sighthound Video which will have more objects for detection including vehicles. This is due to be released towards the end of the year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

Return to Feature Requests