Close

New user setup

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
noobey

New user setup

by noobey » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:51 am

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time Synology Surveillance Station user, with 6x Hikvision DS-2CD2785FWD (outdoor) and 6X Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD (indoor).

I've gotten pretty fed up with SS lagging behind in features (people detection, h265 support, etc) but love the simplicity of it.

So this morning thought I'd spin up a test of Sighthound.

So far I've really struggled to make it work.

For the outdoor cameras
-I cannot get it to work no matter what I do.
-The RTSP ports for the cam's work fine using say, VLC, on the same computer, and Sighthound "discovers" the cameras
-But no matter which of the options I try I end up with the "could not connect screen".

For the indoor cameras
-I've eventually gotten them working via the H264 option, but the quality looks inferior compared to what the camera is actually capturing both in SS and on the SD card for the cam itself.

On the whole so far, I'm assuming user error, but cannot figure out what to try next to get it all working.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks!
Attachments
2018-04-08_11-22-52.png

Kbond

Re: New user setup

by Kbond » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues setting things up with Sighthound. Can you please click Help > Report a Problem from your Sighthound application? This will send us over your logs which will help us investigate this issue further. We can continue this conversation in the email thread that gets created.

We will be standing by for that report, thank you!

Regards,
- Kevin

no avatar
switz

by switz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Have you gone into the Hikvision camera set up software to activate the camera? You need to do this prior to trying to bring the camera into Sighthound. I have 17 Hikvision cameras and the system is rock solid.

no avatar
piter85

by piter85 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 pm

The selection of a contact or non contact all kinds of sensor depends on your application. Although non contact technology seems advantages it is not possible to use non contact Nagano keiki Pressure sensor for each and every application. Some non contact abs speed sensor like laser and ultrasonic sensors may be dangerous. The advantage of non contact sensors are that there is no mechanical contact so there is no friction and the mazda 6 suction control valve does not wear out. Hence operating cycles are more. Non contact suction control valve are more costly compared to contact Speed Sensor. Operating temperature and frequency response of a contact Pressure Sensor is high. Some non contact sensors like ultrasonic sensors may have a blind range.

Return to Technical Support