Close

URL calling to local Android server

Learn how to turn an Android phone into an IP camera security system with Sighthound, download automation scripts & more.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Nick123

URL calling to local Android server

by Nick123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:32 am

Hi, I'm trying to find ways to make my Sighthound security cameras act as triggers to home devices quicker than that currently possible through IFTTT. I already have the Android app Automation Manager IoT running on a dedicated tablet acting as a home server for WirelessTag sensors- this works by the Tag sensor hub sending out URL PUT messages to Automation Manager which then controls WeMo switches. It works instantaneously and I don't need IFTTT nor any outside cloud server. I would like to be able to use camera events also to trigger via Automation Manager; does anyone know if there's a way of URL calling from Sighthound to do this, please?
Nick

Kbond

Re: URL calling to local Android server

by Kbond » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, this will not work with Sighthound Video since it does not have an API where you can send an HTTP request to invoke functionality. Sighthound is only able to react to detected videos using either IFTTT, running a command or sending an email. We do apologize for any inconvenience here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
WeirdlyChosen

Re: URL calling to local Android server

by WeirdlyChosen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:55 am

you can run a script that execute curl command to your home automation server. But I'd like for SV to be able to send videos with other method, such as instant messenger, because we have limited email storage, and video received most likely have to be deleted manually to free up space.

Return to Hacker's Corner