Close

Remote Access camera order ver Grid

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Steve

Remote Access camera order ver Grid

by Steve » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 am

Hi Support

In the latest version I can change the order of my displayed cameras in the "Grid view" via options but if I then connect via remote access, externally, it show the cameras order alphabetically. Is there a way that the "remote access view" can reflect the grid ordered view? as the only way I can change the order in remote access is by renaming the cameras! I did suggest via beta testing it would be great if we could drag and move cameras to positions (grid view), which would be much easier and if this could be reflected in the remote access view would make more sense.

thanks
Steve

Kbond

Re: Remote Access camera order ver Grid

by Kbond » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to move cameras around in grid view on remote access as of now. An easy workaround for this is adding a_, b_, c_, etc to the beginning of the camera names. I know this isn't ideal, however, you can keep your camera names and have a way to order the videos. Would something like that work for you?

I will also make a feature request so this can be added in the future. Although, there won't be a specific timeline that I would be able to give for its implementation.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,

-Kevin

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:32 am

Hi Kevin

Please add as a feature request.I know the letter solution would work but as you said a bit messy as I have 16 cameras and 3 versions of Proff Sighthound in 3 different location.

thanks Steve

Kbond

by Kbond » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 am

Hey Steve,

I have already brought this to the attention of our engineers. This is something that we would consider adding. However, there is no timeline that I can give to you as for the implementation of this features.

We do apologize for any inconveniences. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns besides that, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Mon May 18, 2020 8:15 pm

is this still going to be looked at eventually?

Return to Technical Support