Close

Is there a way to stream my mac’s built in iSight camera as

Learn how to turn an Android phone into an IP camera security system with Sighthound, download automation scripts & more.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
hepcat72

Is there a way to stream my mac’s built in iSight camera as

by hepcat72 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 am

I have a couple old computers and one new one with a paid version of sighthound that currently has a few cameras configured on it. I was wondering if there’s a way to add the building camera from the old computers to sighthound on the new computer...

I mean, I *could* set up a free version of sighthound on the old computers and add their builtin that way, but at half the resolution, and it would be inconvenient to have to go to multiple computers to review footage. It would be much more convenient to have it all in one place.

I played around with a couple ways of streaming video from the builtin camera (VLC and a QuickTime utility) and while those streams worked, I could not add them to sighthound on the new computer.

Is there some software that will convert an iSight cam to an IP camera signal that can be added to sighthound on another computer?

no avatar
hepcat72

Re: Is there a way to stream my mac’s built in iSight camera

by hepcat72 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:23 am

I actually found an app that will do this called "RemoteSight" https://www.bensoftware.com/remotesight/. However, it's a paid app. I got the demo running on my laptop using its built-in camera and was able to add that camera to SightHound on another computer.

Are there any other apps that can do this (ideally free)? Or is there a trick to setting up VLC to stream in a way that I can add it to sighthound on another computer?

Thanks,
Rob

Return to Hacker's Corner