Close

PTZ support

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
tallrob

PTZ support

by tallrob » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I'd love to see PTZ support, controllable through the mobile app. As a bonus Auto-tracking would be super.

Thanks!

no avatar
leonbrag

Re: PTZ support

by leonbrag » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I solved lack of PTZ by installing free Milestone XProtect+ on the same PC as a Sighthound.

Milestone does not record nor sends notification. It just allows me to connect via iOS or Web browser and PTZ anyway I want (I have two presets: check package label, for packages dropped off near the door and get back to the default position).

It hardly take any CPU when idling.

So two apps on the phone: Sighthound and Milesone.

Works perfectly.

no avatar
tallrob

by tallrob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey thanks! I'll give it a try.

How do you deal with motion detection notifications? Do you just go in and disable the rules before moving the camera?

Native PTZ support would have to disable rules on the fly whenever the cameras are moved, so that would be the advantage.

no avatar
leonbrag

by leonbrag » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 am

When I move camera, it indeed triggers Sighthound notifications. I just ignore them. No way around it unless you disarm cameras prior invoking Ptz

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:37 pm

All of my Pan and Tilt cameras are IP type and I can log-in to them via the browser on the PC with SightHound, (or from a Kindle and its "Silk" browser, using WiFi, if I have enabled WiFi on that local net) and control the P/T from there. (Zoom on my cameras is digital in the browser, so it does not affect the signal to SightHound.)

I have one that I have 3 preset positions and I created 3 rules in SightHound for that one. I disable the active rule, move the camera and enable the proper new rule. But since I seldom leave the camera at any other position, I generally just look at what I want to view and then reposition the camera back to the "normal" position and ignore any alerts that occur.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
Mac Daemon

by Mac Daemon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 pm

I'd like to see PTZ support as well...

no avatar
JesseS

by JesseS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 am

I use Reolink PTZ cameras, their IOS app allows me to control the cam as well as 5 presets. They work well in SH on my iMAC but I still have to use their Client app to control PTZ. It would be great to have integrated PTZ control in SH.

no avatar
fester

by fester » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Add me to that PTZ feature request (Sunba PTZ).

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am

Hello all,

Thank you for sending in this feature request. Unfortunately, we are not planning on adding support PTZ cameras because this will cause many false detections. A workaround as other users have mentioned would be to have preset rules for the times that you do decide to move the cameras. Sighthound Video is designed to work only with fixed cameras, so as the camera moves it tends to make the software think that the background objects are moving rather than the camera. As soon as the camera stops moving, however, everything should start working again.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kenneth

no avatar
topper727@yahoo.com

by topper727@yahoo.com » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:48 am

I would like also. I use onvif movement support for cameras but wish it was built in. maybe even auto track people or pets would be great

Return to Feature Requests