Close

Migrate Service to Another Server

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
mosheldon

Migrate Service to Another Server

by mosheldon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 am

Can you outline the best way to migrate my Sighthound Video service running on one machine to another? It's a physical machine not virtual. Essentially I just want to move all my camera config and rules to another machine. Video clips can be tossed for the move.

ryan

Re: Migrate Service to Another Server

by ryan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:47 pm

There isn't currently export / import functionality built into the application, but you can move your camera configuration and rules from one machine to another by copying the "camdb" file and "rules" directory from the application's data folder from the source machine to the target machine. Ensure that the application is not running on either machine as you do this. The data directory can be found as described in this article: https://www.sighthound.com/support/wher ... store-data
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
mosheldon

by mosheldon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks Ryan, exactly what I was looking for.

no avatar
sethf

by sethf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pm

I want to do the same thing but I would also like to retain my entire video archive.

What other directories or configuration files and/or DBs would I need to copy to achieve this?

Return to Technical Support