Close

Home Assistant Integration

Learn how to turn an Android phone into an IP camera security system with Sighthound, download automation scripts & more.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
biztactix

Home Assistant Integration

by biztactix » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm

I see you've got a couple of various scripts people are writing for integration, the most serious integration suite I've used before is Home Assistant (https://home-assistant.io/)

@Ryan - If you want to give yourself a big boost in customers who spend money, Check them out, they are adding official support for devices at a phenomenal rate, My own copy of Home assistant is less than 2 months old and easily 4 versions behind.

I'm going to probably write some poor version integration for home assistant to turn on some lights, But if you spent a little time on it, or even outsourced someone to write a good integration, people would flock to sighthound, the camera support is there, but not clever automation.

Food for thought anyway.

no avatar
emelar

Re: Home Assistant Integration

by emelar » Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi biztactix

I'm using Home Assistant too. At the moment the best I've managed is a nasty hack to intercept the alert emails that Sighthound sends. It's a pymilter script running in Postfix - when the script gets an email it calls the Home Assistant API to check whether we're home before sending an alert (with image) via Telegram. You could extend that approach to turn on lights etc. Happy to share what I've done if useful.

Agree some decent integration would be a big boost for Sighthound.

Cheers, Martin

no avatar
robmarkcole

by robmarkcole » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:09 pm

I just published a Home-Assistant component for Sighthound, forum link below:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/p ... ound/57251

no avatar
Gerald Strong

by Gerald Strong » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 am

Thank you for this discussion buys. I came here trying to find a solution how will I be able to integrate the camera with my home assistant software, so I will check out what you recommend.

Return to Hacker's Corner