Close

Samsung SNH-V6414BN

Inquire about an unsupported model or post your own success.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
pturner

Samsung SNH-V6414BN

by pturner » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello, inquiring regarding setup of Samsung SNH-V6414BN HD PRO camera. Sighthound sees the device, but not able to connect. I've am using the latest download from sighthound.com (both mac and pc version). I have 4 cameras and would enjoy the connectivity. Sighthound works great with my USB and Axis cameras. Thank you. PaulT

Devin

Re: Samsung SNH-V6414BN

by Devin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Hello pturner,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles connecting this camera to Sighthound Video. I did some research and believe I've found the correct stream settings. Please select "Other IP Camera" from the "Camera type" drop list and use the following:

Protocol: rtsp
Port: <leave empty
Stream Path: /cgi-bin/video.cgi

If that does not work please send us a bug report by going to Help > Report a Problem so we can take a look at your logs and investigate further.

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
weedy171

by weedy171 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 am

Is this still a workable solution? I bought two of these cameras and was hoping to get them to work, but I am unable to connect?

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:15 am

Hello,

Do you have this exact model - Samsung SNH-V6414BN? If this isn't your exact model, please provide that and I can look up your camera setup. If that is your model, you should be able to use the other setup that Devin provided. If that doesn't work, please click Help > Report a Problem which will send us over your logs for us to diagnose your issue further.

We will be standing by for your reply, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

Return to Unsupported Cameras