Close

3rd Party Control: API, Scripting, Etc.

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
whmoorejr

3rd Party Control: API, Scripting, Etc.

by whmoorejr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I have seen a few familiar names from the Indigo forum on here, so I know I'm not alone.

If you have purchased Sighthound, then chances are, you are a do-it-yourselfer. (You didn't buy the crappy Costco DVR Kit or pay your cable company to do your security cameras). I'm also guessing that there are a lot of home automation guys out there (as we are also do-it-yourselfers)

I can get Sighthound to talk to Indigo....

But I can't get Sighthound to listen to Indigo.

You guys have been posting about the future release of your API for about 6 years now.

Any development where you can get Sighthound to listen to a 3rd party something would be great.

For Indigo guys reading this.... write an applescript to update an indigo variable and save as an application. Make a unique one for each camera rule. For the trigger that watches that variable, include an action to change the variable back to a standard something, i.e. "waiting for input". (so if the same SH rule triggers the application it will recognize it as a (if variable changes)).

no avatar
tallrob

Re: 3rd Party Control: API, Scripting, Etc.

by tallrob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Same request here. I was using Evocam until it got the axe, and it was wonderfully scriptable. Together with MacID I could set proximity behavior that would arm/disarm based on who entered the room. Sighthound needs this capability to be taken seriously.

Return to Feature Requests