Close

Capabilities advice

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
hamiltonvideo

Capabilities advice

by hamiltonvideo » Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello,

I am currently installing a 40 camera security into a new school building using Acti software and ONVIF supported cameras. They then wondered about an alarm type system that could replace the motion detection system they have in their old building. Right now when the last person leaves they have to set the security and then if anyone goes into the building after that time, a few people receive a phone call.

This is what I am thinking: Add Sighthound to my system just for the monitoring a couple doors with the Real Time Alerts. I would then set a schedule to alert after hours and hopefully replace the need for the other alarm system. (saving them a ton of money).

1. Am I in the right thinking that this would do the job for me?
2. Is there a way to send alerts to more than one phone at a time? (I would prefer 2-3)
3. Anything I am missing that I need to be aware of?

no avatar
harmer007

Re: Capabilities advice

by harmer007 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Maybe if the 2-3 people all shared the same email address that the alerts can all be sent to.....get a yahoo app for each phone and have sighthound send the alerts all to the same address.

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:22 pm

can we do something about the spam on this forum?

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 am

TO the right of the subject line in each posting are two icons, one is a flag shape and the other is a double-quote shape. Click in the Flag and then follow the directions in the page that appears. This is where you can alert the forum owners of the unwanted junk. They usually respond to the report within a couple of hours (except weekends and holidays).

I notice that someone else actually thanked the spammer for it... seems they were looking for info on a particular camera and found it because the spammer brought the thread to the top!

Personally, I like my SPAM fried and on a bun with lots of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato and some Miracle Whip Lite.
Semper Vaporo,

CV SECURE

by CV SECURE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:42 am

hamiltonvideo wrote:Hello,
2. Is there a way to send alerts to more than one phone at a time? (I would prefer 2-3)

DUPLICATE the rule 3 times and go back are re edit the email address where you want it to go to.
i have not tried it.
https://www.sighthound.com/support/enabling-mobile-notifications

​Search list

Creating and editing rules

You can create rules with very specific search criteria, such as people who walk in a door that is in a location you specify. You can save these searches for later use, and edit them on the fly to quickly filter down large collections of video.
Create new event rules by clicking the "+" button. The "-" button deletes the selected saved search.
The Edit and Duplicate buttons let you modify and copy searches, respectively. Search criteria are edited in the rule-editor https://www.sighthound.com/support/rule-editor.

CV SECURE

by CV SECURE » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:00 am

joelegg wrote:can we do something about the spam on this forum?

im not sure if this would help but some spam are from what they call spam BOTS, meaning non human.
make it where you can only post if you have a avatar, bots dont understand or know how to upload

Return to General Discussion