Close

Capabilities advice

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
hamiltonvideo

Capabilities advice

by hamiltonvideo » Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello,

I am currently installing a 40 camera security into a new school building using Acti software and ONVIF supported cameras. They then wondered about an alarm type system that could replace the motion detection system they have in their old building. Right now when the last person leaves they have to set the security and then if anyone goes into the building after that time, a few people receive a phone call.

This is what I am thinking: Add Sighthound to my system just for the monitoring a couple doors with the Real Time Alerts. I would then set a schedule to alert after hours and hopefully replace the need for the other alarm system. (saving them a ton of money).

1. Am I in the right thinking that this would do the job for me?
2. Is there a way to send alerts to more than one phone at a time? (I would prefer 2-3)
3. Anything I am missing that I need to be aware of?

no avatar
harmer007

Re: Capabilities advice

by harmer007 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:49 pm

Maybe if the 2-3 people all shared the same email address that the alerts can all be sent to.....get a yahoo app for each phone and have sighthound send the alerts all to the same address.

no avatar
Kyani

by Kyani » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:48 am

Hello dude. I seem to have some useful information for you. It is not a secret that we all need to get coursework help sometimes. It doesn't matter why... Sometimes we have troubles on work, sometimes the tasks are too tough and we are just lazy. Writing services can always help you with your assignments!

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:22 pm

can we do something about the spam on this forum?

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 am

TO the right of the subject line in each posting are two icons, one is a flag shape and the other is a double-quote shape. Click in the Flag and then follow the directions in the page that appears. This is where you can alert the forum owners of the unwanted junk. They usually respond to the report within a couple of hours (except weekends and holidays).

I notice that someone else actually thanked the spammer for it... seems they were looking for info on a particular camera and found it because the spammer brought the thread to the top!

Personally, I like my SPAM fried and on a bun with lots of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato and some Miracle Whip Lite.
Semper Vaporo,

Return to General Discussion