Close

Detection Of Specific Person Using API?

Anything and everything related to using Sighthound Cloud

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Synthetisoft

Detection Of Specific Person Using API?

by Synthetisoft » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Is detection of a specific person possible? I see there's information returned in "landmarks" that could define attributes of a person. Could that be stored and used to identify a specific person? If so, what degree of accuracy might be expected? I assume that the landmarks wouldn't always return the same for a person but might always remain within a certain range.

ryan

Re: Detection Of Specific Person Using API?

by ryan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi Synthetisoft,

I don't think you'd have much luck using the landmarks alone to do recognition. In better news we announced in December that we have excellent recognition technology to solve this problem for you, and we plan to make this functionality available soon.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
Simeon Tuitt

by Simeon Tuitt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:47 am

Can a person be detected now and if so what is the part of the API CODE that shows success or failure.

Can a url link be loaded after a successful match from a gallery and if so what code would need to be added to load a url after success?

Thanks.
Sim

ryan

by ryan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Documentation for the recognition API and sample code can be found at these locations:

https://www.sighthound.com/docs/cloud/recognition/
https://www.sighthound.com/products/clo ... n/tutorial

You can certainly load a URL link after detecting a match but this would be handled by your application code directly rather than by the recognition API.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Return to API Discussion