Close

Dahua cameras

Inquire about an unsupported model or post your own success.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
grege

Dahua cameras

by grege » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to add some Dahua cameras to my system. The model numbers are IPC-HFW2300R-Z and IPC-HDBW2300R-Z. What else do you need to know?

Thanks

Greg

Devin

Re: Dahua cameras

by Devin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Greg,

I looked into both models and found that they support ONVIF. You should be able to connect each camera to Sighthound Video by following the directions in this article: https://www.sighthound.com/support/onvif-camera-setup

If you encounter any issues setting these cameras up we'll be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

- Devin

no avatar
Pando

by Pando » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Dahua cameras should work with the following URL (set to Other IP Camera > RTSP):

rtsp://<ipaddress>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
or
rtsp://username:password@<ipaddress>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Cameras have only one channel, but other devices (NVRs) have multiple channels. The subtype defines the stream: 0=main stream (high quality), 1=sub stream (lower quality).

I hope Sighthound could make a camera definition "Dahua Generic" as there are tons of them out there right now, plus many more rebranded models. It would be great to select the channel and stream from the interface and not mess around with the URL.

no avatar
emelar

by emelar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks - just confirming that this works well with the Dahua IPC HFW1431SP which seems to be a good, well priced PoE IP camera (early days though!). The URLs are documented on the Dahua wiki https://dahuawiki.com/Remote_Access/RTSP_via_VLC (not sure if this is official).

Cheers, Martin

Return to Unsupported Cameras