Close

Swann ADS-456 SwannCloud HD Camera

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
joelegg

Swann ADS-456 SwannCloud HD Camera

by joelegg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:03 am

Hello,

I would like to test sighthound with my existing camera before purchasing (I was originally following vitamin d but only just moved into a place that I can put cameras up at!) So i'm quite excited.

I have spent hours trying to get the stream to come up in sighthound for this model camera: http://www.swann.com/us/swads-456cam has anyone else used this? From what I can tell no.

Alternatively, I was thinking of getting one of these can anyone confirm if this will work? The list seems quite limited in the application itself for setting up cameras: http://www.foscamaustralia.com.au/FI980 ... me=FI9803P

Thank you

no avatar
joelegg

Re: Swann ADS-456 SwannCloud HD Camera

by joelegg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:11 pm

spoke to Swann tech support. And they have no idea what the URL would be. They kept telling me how to get the IP and port number (not very helpful).

Can anyone confirm if foscam cameras work with sighthound?

Devin

by Devin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi joelegg,

Unfortunately I've been unable to find the stream url for any SwannCloud cameras though it looks like many Swann IP cameras use the same stream url's as Foscam so you may be able to use the "Foscam (other ___)" settings in the camera setup.

Sighthound will work with almost any camera that has an accessible stream url. Our list of pre-configured cameras only contains models that have been confirmed to work by ourselves or by a user. We will continue to add new models to the list as we obtain and confirm the correct stream settings.

I did some research on the Foscam FI9803P and found that it should work using the "Foscam (other H264)" setting in the camera setup.

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 pm

thanks Devin. I've gone ahead and ordered a foscam. Going to sell the swann cam!

Will let you know how I get on with it.

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi Devin,

Got the 9803p setup..tried other h245, but no go (and all the others).

Cannot connect to the camera. Is it because i'm on the trial and being forced to use low res?

Anyway you can enable my trial so I can make full use of the software before I buy? Guessing the trial wouldn't stop me from setting up this camera.

Would greatly appreciate any help

Thanks

no avatar
joelegg

by joelegg » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Got it working. I had customised the username to be Joel instead of admin.

Changed it back to admin and set it to other network IP camera with the url as /videoMain and it worked. So just purchased! Loving the software.

have some issues with android app but will post a new thread

no avatar
marcogovoni

by marcogovoni » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:37 am

Hi joelegg, I have the same problem? How did you solve it? What does it mean "set it to other network IP camera with the url as /videoMain"?
Thank you!

Return to General Discussion