Close

Ignore entire region (to save processing), et.al.

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
mr.Magoo

Re: Ignore entire region (to save processing), et.al.

by mr.Magoo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:32 am

I'll revive / add my support to this request...

I live on what I thought was a fairly quiet street and it turns out that 1507 cars drove by yesterday.
While this is interesting statistics, it's still 1507 clips not saved by a rule that clogs up the search view, that's 1507 clips that got processed in vain.

Once we have integrated license plate detection, speed calculation and an "email the police" feature I might remove that ignore-region, but for the time being I really don't care about what's happening on the street.

I don't want a privacy screen (i.e. a black blob that covers it all), I merely want Sighthound to ignore it completely (except for the standard full frame recording).

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:33 am

To reduce the clutter in the Search list, I have found that all I need to do is select each rule, one at a time, to see what shows up. Most of my 9 cameras can create 100 to 1000 or more clips per day, but may not generate any clips that are saved by rule.

I just wish I could select more than one rule at a time. I'd like to select the rules for the 3 cameras that face different portions of the street so when I see something happen on one, I don't have to change the rule that is selected so I can follow whatever triggered the rule on one camera to another camera.

The thing I find confusing in the present Search list is the caption "Temporary Video (not saved by rule)". There is no way to know if a portion of that clip WAS "saved by rule". It is all lumped together as "Temporary" if any portion did not trigger a rule, even if another portion did. I'd rather see any clip that contains video that was "Saved by rule" to say so, even if there is extraneous video in addition to that which triggered a rule (maybe a new caption of; "Only a portion saved by rule"). And any clip that is just motion detected, but did not trigger a rule, to have no caption at all. Then all I'd need to do is look for clips with captions ("Saved by rule" and "Only a portion saved by rule") and not miss an event because it got lumped with something that did not trigger a rule.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
mr.Magoo

by mr.Magoo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:13 am

Semper Vaporo wrote:I just wish I could select more than one rule at a time. I'd like to select the rules for the 3 cameras that face different portions of the street so when I see something happen on one, I don't have to change the rule that is selected so I can follow whatever triggered the rule on one camera to another camera.

Well, that's the thing... at least in V6 Beta there's pre-defined filters, for all cameras, for People, Vehicles, Animals and Unknown in the search view - which is great - but I'd like for that to apply for my area of interest and not the whole field of view. (Yes, you can set up a rule that does the same thing, but then you're back to your dilemma where you only get a single camera filter).

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:21 pm

I am running an old version of SH, (the last one that can run without having to be on the internet to 'phone home' to verify the license, I actually paid for one version beyond that, but my system cannot be connected to the internet). It has the predefined filters of "People" and "Unknown objects" and I do use the "People" filter often, but that is not quite good enough. Especially when I am trying to track a couple of deer running around my house and I want to know where they came in to the 'race track' and where they decided the finish line was.
Semper Vaporo,

Previous

Return to Feature Requests